• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Getting ready to retire

binki

I started this biz as a hedge against having my full time job outsourced overseas. I never thought it would get as big as it did nor as popular with our customers as we were and still are. It is hard to tell them no more orders but at this point but we have to do it to finish up. We think our wind down will be 6 months to a year but we have stopped taking new orders other than from a select few of our best customers for now.

Signs 101 has been a great resource for us. Thank you all. I will still be around from time to time but I never stopped learning and all of you always knew much more than me for me to be able to contribute about 99% of the time.

Thank you all, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

FASTSIGNS

Congrats on the retirement! May I ask, if it is not too personal, why you are winding down and not selling?

binki

Congrats on the retirement! May I ask, if it is not too personal, why you are winding down and not selling?
We have a few customers that we fully outsource their jobs and those are fairly large orders with some nice profits. We will continue to service them. There are also tax advantages to keeping the business 'open' as we can repurpose what we do from time to time. The main goal is to get away from the daily grind of the biz.