• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GFP Laminators?

Hello Signs101 -

I'm looking for some feedback on GFP Laminators, how do they work, are they durable, do they track well, etc. We've had a Seal and a Drytac laminator, I was looking at a Flexa but it won't be available for several months and we need a laminator badly. We've also considered Kala and Seal, but are leaning towards the GFP 663-TH.

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it!

jfiscus

Rap Master
We love them here. We have three now. We run roll-to-roll all day long. Quick to learn and easy to set up. We haven't had any issues out of ours other than eventually you will have to replace the heating element, or maybe that's eliminated now... I think they got us a "upgrade kit" when one of ours went out a year or so ago.

We love them here. We have three now. We run roll-to-roll all day long. Quick to learn and easy to set up. We haven't had any issues out of ours other than eventually you will have to replace the heating element, or maybe that's eliminated now... I think they got us a "upgrade kit" when one of ours went out a year or so ago.
Hi, looks like you are laminating ps vinyl, correct? Do you have any silvering when laminating thicker lam? Do you run with heat assist? What temp does your laminator go up to? Which model(s) do you have?

Thanks for your response!

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
We really like our gfp laminator. Especially for the price I'm not thinking you can go wrong.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Hi, looks like you are laminating ps vinyl, correct? Do you have any silvering when laminating thicker lam? Do you run with heat assist? What temp does your laminator go up to? Which model(s) do you have?
Yes, we are laminating primarily 3M self adhesive wrap vinyl. We also run other things and even signs through the laminators to mount them. We run at 110 degrees with heat assist and get no silvering at all, you can run without heat assist and get very minimal silvering. The laminators go higher than that but there is no reason to that we've found. Two of our laminators are GFP 563th, and the 3rd one (which we only use for masking) is the cheaper 363th.

danno

We have an 865dh and it works really well. I've ran GBC, Seal, Kala and it seams to keep up with them really well. The thickest laminate we have run is a textured 5mil. It handled it really well. We don't use the heat and haven't had any problem with silvering.

We really like our gfp laminator. Especially for the price I'm not thinking you can go wrong.
Thanks for your response, it may sound silly but knowing the size of your shop makes me feel much more comfortable with GFP (I assume your company does LOTS of lamination). Which model(s) do you have? Do you have any other lamintors your team runs?

Thanks for your feedback!

We have an 865dh and it works really well. I've ran GBC, Seal, Kala and it seams to keep up with them really well. The thickest laminate we have run is a textured 5mil. It handled it really well. We don't use the heat and haven't had any problem with silvering.
Thanks for your reply, good to know the GFP can hang with the other laminator brands we are considering, the GFP seems to offer the best value (features compared for the price), but it made me worry it was a lower quality machine because it has such a high value proposition.

Christian @ 2CT Media

We got our GFP 463TH second-hand in 2011 and it has been rock solid for us! We are looking at buying a 663TH soon to complement. We also have a Kala Mistral and no one in the shop likes it because all the safety features slow things down significantly for us.

Troy Oddo

Sharp Signs & Graphics
Anyone have any comments about the rubber rollers vs silicone rollers. We are running a SEAL EL 54" but are looking at upgrading to a heat assist. Looking at the Rite Media heat assist laminator 2 (rebadged royal sovereign) or the GFP363th. Main difference is the power supply and the roller material.