• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Glow In The Dark and Reflective Glow In The Dark self adhesive film

dhenss

Good morning all,

Looking for some suggestions on sourcing some material. I am looking for two different things. First is a self adhesive Glow in the Dark film, the second is a self adhesive Reflective Glow in the Dark film. I have a CO2 laser that I will be using to cut out shapes. Doing some reading I know I need to watch out for the off gasses that some films produce when cut with a laser. I am looking for some suggestions for laser safe material. My current setup has the laser hooked up to a filter box that vents into the room.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Thank you

ikarasu

Look for non PVC glow in the dark, but I doubt you'll find it.... Only recently did they start doing PVC free vinyls.

Your best bet is to get someone with a vinyl plotter to do the cutting for you.

Have you tried to cut reflective on a laser? Reflective uses glass beads... I've never tried, but I'm not sure how good of a cut you'll get out of it with all the tiny glass shards in it.

MNeel

Try AlumiGraphics Glow Grip by FloorSignage, LLC. It is direct print with a glow in the dark coating, plus glass beads and it’s non pvc.