• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

glue removal

Flubber

Whats the best way and fastest way to remove glue left over from vinyl stripes off of a house boat..... customer has to re paint boat....

Last edited:

signage

Paint shop should know how to take care of it! What you use may damage and cause them problems!

Flubber

We have a guy out right now working on the job, been out there two days and I guess no boss went to look at it and for some reason he wants me to go show this guy how to do it. So I'm wondering what's in store for me when I get there..

The customer doesn't care that its taking the paint off just wants the old stripes and glue removed.

FatCat

Rapid-remover (From Rapid Tac) has always removed leftover adhesive. Spray it on, wait 2-3 minutes and use a squeegee or lil' chizzler to scrape off the glue.

*Tip, I would wait to the very end to finish cleaning off with rags/paper towels. The old adhesive turns real snotty from the rapid remover. Paper towels/rags seem to smear it around when there is too much left on the surface.

JR's

Rapid remover is good, but I think ADHESIVE-OFF works better. you can get it at Sign warehouse.

JR

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Orange peel solvent. It's the base and active ingredient for most of the proprietary adhesive removers, it's more effective, it won't harm other finishes, and it's a damn sight cheaper.