• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Going bigger, but how?

mudmedia

We did a sign for a client 5'x20' (2 '5x10' panels connected). He liked it when he picked it up but after hanging it he is wondering if we can go bigger to make it easier to read from a distance. What kind of materials are used to do this? Just more sheets of alumalite panels connected together?

qmr55

We did a 10x30 sign for a customer, built a frame from wood and then screwed 3 5x10 panels to the frame. Was solid and strong. Customer installed.

mudmedia

55 thank you...Any other experience on making LARGER signs would be great for me to give options! Might be kind of fun to make a 10x30

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We did a 10x30 sign for a customer, built a frame from wood and then screwed 3 5x10 panels to the frame. Was solid and strong. Customer installed.

How do you figure a 10' x 30' with only 3 5' x 10's ??

55 thank you...Any other experience on making LARGER signs would be great for me to give options! Might be kind of fun to make a 10x30

Scab a frame together on the building and then add your substrate to it. This past summer we did a 12.5' x 40' on the side of a building about 35' to the bottom.

mudmedia

The customer wants it on a standing frame that he can put it in the ground behind the building facing a intersection. There is no room on the building to hang it so we have to do a frame that will be able to be standing.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
I'm confused. You built it 20' wide and want to build it wider...just use the same construction method as you did originally. ...?

mudmedia

Yeah I just did the panels and he mounted it to plywood himself. Says it is hard to read (and no the design was not busy it was black text on white panel) so he is thinking about going bigger. I would not mind making the frame instead of him this time if we decide to go bigger.