• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Going To See an Agfa in Action

particleman

Does anyone here actually have a Agfa and can comment on it?

Yes, we have an M4f. The dilli Gino has is the same as the M (6 color), not sure of the price difference?

Do a search, I've made essentially this same post about 4 times now, but here it is again. We've been very happy with our m4f. It is a workhorse and has some great quality prints. Adhesion is great (do your homework!) on most substrates including corrugated plastic. Read up on the tape test, adhesion is very important and not all brands/inks work the same.

My advice when comparing this machine to the ion is look very carefully at the speed of the machine to achieve the same quality as the agfa. Also, do a search!

sjm

Vendor Disclaimer! Jeff Edwards of Océ here.

In response to klmiller611's speculation that the Acuity "did seem to put down a fairly heavy coat of ink" I thought I'd clarify the question of ink consumption on these printers.

We (Océ) actually monitor ink consumption over a sample set of more than 120 printers worldwide, from all types of customers. We can state with 100% certainty that all models of Océ Arizona printers (and their Fujifilm Acuity cousins) consume a total of 1 ml of ink per square foot of printed output on average (11 ml/square meter) including all maintenance. This is the lowest of any UV printer on the market and amounts to approximately $0.16 per square foot.

This consumption rate has been measured over millions of printed square feet, over a period of 3+ years, using hundreds of thousands of real jobs. It is not a theoretical average produced by R&D and qualified with all sorts of creative marketing language. It is real.

The ink looks "heavy" because it is very smooth in its finish and has very high saturation levels (gamut) due to the excellent density these printers produce, not because it uses a lot of ink. It simply doesn't.

What's the resolution of the Acuity in dpi? Clever marketing to say the Resolution - Variable droplet sizes from 6 to 42 picoliters.

parrott

Yes, we have an M4f. The dilli Gino has is the same as the M (6 color), not sure of the price difference?

Do a search, I've made essentially this same post about 4 times now, but here it is again. We've been very happy with our m4f. It is a workhorse and has some great quality prints. Adhesion is great (do your homework!) on most substrates including corrugated plastic. Read up on the tape test, adhesion is very important and not all brands/inks work the same.

My advice when comparing this machine to the ion is look very carefully at the speed of the machine to achieve the same quality as the agfa. Also, do a search!

How is the roll to roll on the printer? Any adhesion/cracking issues?

Zoomer55

I have a customer who wants to sell Dilli for $40K

Hi everyone,
I am Bill Grambsch and I was one of the Dilli dealers in the US. We sold 5 Neo Titan 6 color printers. Prior to that I sold the Zund UVjet printers from 2001 until 2007 when Zund quit making them. I took on the Dilli in 2007 because it was very well built, printed great at 100-130sqft.hr, was priced right and it had a media registration features similar to the Zund (see photo below).

I now work for WP Digital selling Swiss made Virtu and SwissQprint Oryx UV flatbed printers. I’ll post more on the Oryx on another thread that has started. I am involved in the sale of this Dilli because when it is sold I will get an Oryx printer order. I originally sold this Dilli to this customer and I know a lot about these printers having installed and worked on a few in my time.

The printer is in good running condition but running 4 colors instead of 6 because of an ink contamination issue that took out two of the heads last year. For what my customer prints and probably 75a% of the market prints 4 color is just fine. The lite colors are loaded with cleaning solution currently. The printer is still in production and is running with Onyx PH, which has a driver included in it. They also have a Wasatch OEM RIP that came with it but it will only run it as a 6 color. Also included are roller tables and the Nazdar ink installed in it, which has good color and adhesion and is cheap. Customer has outgrown this printer and they need some more speed and they now have white ink requirements.

Price is $40,000 as is. You could buy a couple heads and make it a 6 color or buy 6 new heads and have a like new printer (great way to start out with used gear). I have a supplier that can deliver 6 new heads for less than $10K. For less than $50,000 you could have an almost new machine with 4 used spare heads for down the road.
Please contact me about this opportunity at billgrambsch@yahoo.com or at 201-675-3334. The printer is located in the St. Paul area and is available immediately.

Attachments

• TITAN-dilli-photo.jpg
    TITAN-dilli-photo.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 105
  • 4-up registration bar.jpg
    4-up registration bar.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 111