• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gold Plated Heads RE 640

Jack Knight1979

Looks like Roland is finally upgrading from dx4 heads on their versa art machine.

Roland said it was an eight channel gold head. Probably the same head that is in the Epson GS6000. Is that a DX7?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I know the DX5 heads are 8 channel and there is a gold plated variety of them.... Not sure what the head in the GS6000 is called. As far as I know it's similar to the DX5 in that it is an 8 channel head but I think it's physically designed different. Was there a DX6?

Robert M

Roland

They are only a couple of generations behind now. The GS6000 & current Mutoh printers are the next generation (DX6?) and the new Epson Sure Color is the generation after that (DX7?)
Now that Epson is building their own printers I wonder how much longer they will support Roland. Mimaki has already left the Epson fold for Ricoh