• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Good outdoor vinyl?

Jtaxel

I have a customer that wants some business graphics done for his back window. I've googled outdoor sticker paper, but I guess what I'm looking for is outdoor printable vinyl for laser printers.
To withstand the rain and UV? I did try some from online labels, it was matte. I did laminate it, but yea it peeled away on the first time it rained.

I normally do vinyl cutting. But just bought a laser printer, My Wife does normal stickers with it.

Thanks!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
For a rear window on a vehicle, it must be perforated at 70/30 or thereabouts. Lamination (liquid or rigid) is up to you and/or the customer, but you should offer it. Also, if there is a wiper blade, they should remove it for obvious reasons.

brdesign

It would probably be best to outsource this decal to someone with a solvent, or UV printer, to have it printed on a cast vinyl, with a cast laminate.

neutrinocv

ContraVision 70/30 with Avery DOL1360Z overlaminate or any other good optically clear overlaminate. Leave at least an ⅛" free all around to seal it with ½" strip of DOL .