• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Google Sheets

rydods

Member for quite some time.
Any google sheets/excel experts out there that can help with an issue?

I'm trying to create a price calculator sheet. I want to have a dropdown list of items. I want each item to have a square foot price somehow "tied" or linked to it so when I put in the quantity, height, length I get a total. I can get more elaborate than this but it's the "each item in the list" having a square footage price formula I can't figure out. I've googled but everything seems to go over my head. I hope this makes sense.

Attached is a basic screenshot if that helps. You can PM me if you'd like as well. Thanks

Attachments

• google sheets.JPG
    google sheets.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 690

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
This can get complex.

I believe excel is more powerful than google sheets though.

You need to learn about VLOOKUP.

You'd need to create a seperate page for "Data" and have your stock list there and formulas.
have a dropdown box with vlookup.

Some youtube videos and some hours later you could get there.

rydods

Member for quite some time.
Thanks! Sorry, I wasn't very clear...By the formula I meant what gets each item on the drop down list to have a separate "google sheets formula or number" so that each item is different, not just the cell itself. From most of the posts, it seems that VLOOKUP is what I need to research. Thanks again!

Christian @ 2CT Media

Yes, this has data validation on it with dropdowns, I expanded the field area. The reason why I said quick, is I can also show how to use a "Add new Line" Macro to make it more interactive and form-like.

I just updated the sheet with a few clean-ups, but at least this will give the OP a start point of code to get where he/she is going.

Christian @ 2CT Media

No
Thank you! This is very helpful. I did a lot of research on the "VLOOKUP" formula yesterday and am definitely moving in the right direction. Your spreadsheet will definitely help me further. Thanks again!
No problem at all. I like numbers and software so these are things I enjoy figuring out anyway. If you have any other questions, Hollar.