• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Googles Image search has changed image size option !?!?

Andy D

I use Googles Image search all the time and usually start by specifying 2meg files
and then working my way down. It seems they have gutted that option to "large, medium, small"
:(
Are there any other image search sites worth using?

Dan360

You can still search by megapixels and custom resolution. I don't think I've ever seen a filter for file size on it.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Are you sure? There should be a drop down box with other sizes as shown on this attachment. I am using Chrome

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 9.50.17 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 9.50.17 AM.png
    184.3 KB · Views: 231

OADesign

I use Googles Image search all the time and usually start by specifying 2meg files
and then working my way down. It seems they have gutted that option to "large, medium, small"

Its still there, just hidden in a menu. While doing an image search, select TOOLS > SIZE > LARGER THAN > And scroll to the size you need.

Whoops. Looks like The Vector Doctor beat me to it.

Attachments

• image search.jpg
    image search.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 561
Last edited:

Andy D

Are you sure? There should be a drop down box with other sizes as shown on this attachment. I am using Chrome
Its still there, just hidden in a menu. While doing an image search, select TOOLS > SIZE > LARGER THAN > And scroll to the size you need.

Whoops. Looks like The Vector Doctor beat me to it.
Yeah, that's what I'm used to but now I'm getting this today for some reason:
upload_2019-8-27_15-5-22.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-8-27_15-5-2.png
    upload_2019-8-27_15-5-2.png
    7.8 KB · Views: 186

jwlllpl

When you are in the images screen go to MORE TOOLS (to the right of where you show in your pic) and Check mark ALL SIZES. This should bring it up.

Andy D

Jo Hill

Test

shoresigns

I'm having the same issue – only 4 size options (Any size, Large, Medium, Icon). Clearing cookies and logging out doesn't fix it.

Google probably decided there were too many options and they wanted to simplify it. Most likely you're all going to have the same issue soon. When Google makes changes like this, I think they usually roll it out to a smaller percentage of users first before changing it for everyone.

Anyway, it's only a small annoyance as long as they keep the options in the Advanced Search page. Otherwise I'll have to switch to Bing.

Andy D

I'm having the same issue – only 4 size options (Any size, Large, Medium, Icon). Clearing cookies and logging out doesn't fix it.

Google probably decided there were too many options and they wanted to simplify it. Most likely you're all going to have the same issue soon. When Google makes changes like this, I think they usually roll it out to a smaller percentage of users first before changing it for everyone.

Anyway, it's only a small annoyance as long as they keep the options in the Advanced Search page. Otherwise I'll have to switch to Bing.

Could be, I got it to work right after clearing cookies, the next day it reverted back & now nothing fixes it.