• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Goose Named Maria

SignosaurusRex

:thumb: When I was a teen growing up in the country, I had a Toulouse that was nearly the same way with me. I called him Hercules. He would try to follow me onto the school bus and would show up the minute I got home. He didn't like my friends...or most anyone else for that matter and would terrorize the neighborhood dogs and cats that would come around. Amazingly enough, he got along great with my dog. If a door got left ajar, he'd push it open and come into the house. My mother was not very fond of him to say the least. When he got old, a new neighbors dog got hold of and killed him. (sigh)

phototec

Back in the late 80's I worked with a guy a Texas Instruments who rode a motorcycle to work everyday, he lived about 10 miles out in a rural area, one day he was sharing some photos he had taken of this hawk who would fly along side of him as he was riding to work. It's was unbelievable, just off his handle bars was this hawk, flying the same speed as he was driving and the hawk would fly along for 10-15 minutes.

He said this would happen almost everyday, when he got to a certain place in the road, the hawk would come out of nowhere and just fly along side of him, not more than three feet away, even as the road turned, the hawk would maintain his close distance. He told us this went on for months.

I just couldn't get my mind around this, and was thinking the guy used some kind of trick photography or something to make the photos, but now years later after watching the goose fly along side the guy on the scooter, I believe the photos of the hawk were REAL.

I haven't seen the guy for many years, Texas Instruments shut down their facility here in 1997 and laid off all of the 1,200 employees, but if I ever run into him again, I'll ask him for copies of the photos to post here.

If this happened today, it would be on YouTube!

:smile: