• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GoToMyPC or LogMeIn.

showcase 66

Who uses them and which do you prefer?

I have used Go to my pc before when it first came out but havent messed with it in a long while. LogMeIn I have been told is free but doesn't seem to be free when you get into it.

I have downloaded the trial for LogMeIn but I am having a difficult time getting into my main computer.

Also does anyone know if you have one computer linked thru either one if you can access your network?

Thanks

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I just use Windows Remote Desktop. It's built into Windows and works great. It can be a little more technical to configure though... especially if you are behind a hardware router/firewall use DHCP internally and want to be able to control multiple machines.

signswi

I just use Windows Remote Desktop. It's built into Windows and works great. It can be a little more technical to configure though... especially if you are behind a hardware router/firewall use DHCP internally and want to be able to control multiple machines.

LogMeIn has a product that makes using Remote Desktop easier as well, basically sets up a VPN very easily. Also free.

https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/features.aspx

petepaz

we have a few people here that use log me in and have great success with it but unfortunately it doesn't help me too much because i use it to run the printers or laminator

Border

I have tried team viewer with my droid bionic phone and don't like it at all. Might have to give phone my pc a look-see...

showcase 66

Finally got LogMeIn to work on my ipad. I keep forgetting to load things on my dropbox. Hopefully this will help with that.

Thanks for the input.

jrsc

log me in works great and is free. I use the free version on about 10 computers. Never found any reason to try the paid version.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I used Teamviewer for several weeks and had problems with slow display of any graphics ... even small ones. So I tried both LogMeIn and GoToMyPC. With LogMeIn, I couldn't get rid of the column of buttons on the left, so I was only getting a greatly reduced display of my workstation's monitor. GoToMyPC gave me no such problem and I've been using it for four days now and love it. Everything is as fast as sitting at my workstation and uncluttered with anything else on my monitor. Access to my network and printers is identical because I am operating my workstation as if I was in front of it.

It isn't free but for $99.00 a year it is totally worth it.

shakey0818

I'm not sure if this is kinda the same thing but i'v been thinking of getting it for awhile.I dont have much use for it but i think it would be cool to have.

http://www.itwin.com/

Attachments

• th_iTwin1.jpg
    th_iTwin1.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 75