• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GR-540 Perf Cutting advice

FORMATMOTO

I bought this cutter two or three years ago and have NEVER had any luck with perf cutting. Ive tried so many different materials/blade settings. Does anyone have any advice on getting this machine to perf cut properly? or suggestions? It cuts everything else great, but sucks a fat one when it comes to perf cutting. Roland was no help and no techs in my area are familiar with it-

Thanks for your time-

Lindsey

Not A New Member
I perf cut on my SP540v. I find just increasing the cut depth (force) isn't enough to get good results. I extend the blade out of the blade holder more than normal. And use a 60 degree blade. The results are never perfect, but pretty good. I also print & cut in small batches or groups. Long lengths of vinyl always seem to cause trouble.

FORMATMOTO

This machine has the Perf Cut channel. I feel if I extend the blade to far I am cutting into the very thin outstrip that Roland manufactures for this machine. I have used several different force/cut options and no-one from Roland or any tech that I have talked to has experience with this machine. They released the new GR and it does not have a perf cut channel. Really looking for more material recommendations. I have used Arlon, Avery, 3M, GF and substance. The only time I have ever had luck was doing some small circle stickers. but its always hit and miss and never consistent. Any Advice on any front with perf cutting would be great! Thank you.

rjssigns

To be quite honest, buy a Graphtec or Summa. To use an old cliché "It's a game changer". Plus there are lots of threads and solid advice on Perf/Flex cutting with those rigs.

robb1121

This machine has the Perf Cut channel. I feel if I extend the blade to far I am cutting into the very thin outstrip that Roland manufactures for this machine. I have used several different force/cut options and no-one from Roland or any tech that I have talked to has experience with this machine. They released the new GR and it does not have a perf cut channel. Really looking for more material recommendations. I have used Arlon, Avery, 3M, GF and substance. The only time I have ever had luck was doing some small circle stickers. but its always hit and miss and never consistent. Any Advice on any front with perf cutting would be great! Thank you.
I bought the new gr2 for perf cutting. It's terrible. Waste of money. Machine is not the Roland quality I've been a custom to