• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gradient and profiling issues.

Latigo

We have a Falcon Ourdoor 46 and we just bought Flexi-10.
When we attempt to print gradients we're getting other hues thrown into the mix. IE: light gray to black ends up with magenta or green hues.
Is this something that color profiling will fix? We need to speak with someone who has a real handle on this stuff asap. The project is a $15,000.00 three bus deeal that we'll have to pass on if we can't resolve it very soon. We'd very much like to call anyone that can help.
Thanks for any help.

westpointsigns

Just a thought, may be a temporary fix.
Can you back off the ink output of some of the colors? I've had to do that before and it got the job done.

rfulford

Absolutely a profiling issue. You can either hire someone to come in an fix the issue on a case by case basis or splurge for software and training. Software and training will be a bigger hit up front but cheaper in the long run. Actually, I would strongly recommend against paying anyone who does not train as they go.

tbaker

typically in Flexi, when you are having color shifts in a gradient, it is most often caused by someone selecting colors in both the RGB and CMYK spectrum, which will give you all sorts of interesting colors.

Try pulling apart the gradient and reproducing it yourself, making sure you have a strict color palette selected.