• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

gradient colour choice in Flexi

gabagoo

I am trying to create a gradient to match a specific vinyl that is being cut and applied to a sign.. I found a great colour match by printing 720 x 1440 pantone 2728c, which I found in my colour bar at the bottom of my screen. Now when I go in and try to create the gradient I hit the advanced tab and it opens this tiny box and from what I believe has all the colours you have loaded in your comp, which are basically all the colour charts that reside at the bottom of the page....but the colour I want is not there!!! I see 2726 2727 then where 2728 is it has 2738. This is infuriating!!! Any idea why the one colour I need can be printed as a spot colour but as a gradient it can't be found?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It's almost like they knew you were going to need it. Can you convert the spot color to CMYK values and then enter those values into the gradient color mixer?

gabagoo

I guess i can but when I change the colour to cmyk it never prints the same..... I thought for a moment, maybe because I have the shape in that colour it is somewhere else on the chart...maybe at the beginning or at the end, but no it just does not exist which makes absolutely no sense to me

signwizz

check the pallet if you click and hold the color it will move to where you let go or if you drag it off the pallet it will disappear lol so reset your pallet then add the pantone library and hopefully it will be there

gabagoo

OK so how is the colour on the bottom pallet for selecting the colour shape but absent from the gradient selection. I will try and reset it, but just makes no sense. I had to print the job using the closest I could find, which makes me very disapointed

gabagoo

ahhh OK I reloaded that pallet and now the colour is showing up...it asked before it opened if I wanted to reset the current version I did have and I responded yes. Maybe because I wanted to see the cmyk values of that spot colour it changed it, even though I edit undid it, it must still hold the info, which sort of makes all my colour charts over time useless...