• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gradient fill?

dirttoo

I have done cut vinyl for over 10 years but this new printer stumps me sometimes. I need help with a shape similar to the Nike swoosh. It is for a race car design and I need to do a gradient fill but need the fill to follow the shape, sort of like neon tubing. Can this be done in Flexi Pro 10? I have not yet learned Photo Shop. Thanks

thewood

I don't think you can achieve this in Flexi using the gradient tool. The Blend effect might work for you.

Attachments

• Blend_1.jpg
    Blend_1.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 132
  • Blend_2.jpg
    Blend_2.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 105

dirttoo

I don't think you can achieve this in Flexi using the gradient tool. The Blend effect might work for you.

OK, I did what I needed to do and it almost works??? I have a fine red line at each step of the gradient/blend. I don't see those in your example. How can I get rid of those lines? Thanks again.

thewood

In the Blend menu, you can specify the number of Steps--I think 250 is the max. The more steps, the smoother the blend. Sometimes, strange things can happen with blends depending on the shapes/colors being blended. You may have to experiment.

Also, all blends are rendered in RGB color mode. To minimize color shifts, etc. I recommend starting out with (2) RGB colors to be blended.

Let us know how it goes.

dirttoo

Thanks, I've been experimenting since my last post. No problem with the star or square but I did a circle and the blend was very uneven and the swoosh I was asking about wasn't even close. The blend filled across the inside of the swoosh, not inside the lines. Does it not work on curves?

J Hill Designs

i did it on a makeshift crappily drawn swoosh like shape, and it worked well

edit: not completely perfect, but what can you expect I guess...

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 76