• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gradient problem

Graphics2u

Why does the gradient in the narrow section in the center have so few steps to the color gradient when all the others in the file look fine. Is there something I'm missing here?

These are all simply black to white CMYK Gradients.

Attachments

• Gradient.jpg
    Gradient.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 86

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Assuming that's a print, Flexi seem to have a problem with going from wide to narrow with a gradient. I had much the same thing happen to me in the crossbar of an uppercase 'A'. Both legs of the 'A' were fine but the crossbar showed that sort of banding. There didn't seem to be anything I could do to correct the situation.

I would appear that the very same thing is going on with your work.

Graphics2u

It is a Screen shot but the print looks the same way. The narrow bar is the bar of a Barbell. It is layered behind the weights on each end and the school logo in the center. I had made a gradient that goes all the way accross the bar which is approx 34" wide and 2" tall, with several color changes accross it's length. That's when I got the banding.

I have found a solution but it doesn't tell me why it happened. I cut the long bar into shorter pieces and made individual gradients instead of one long one. Then it looks nice and smooth.

Fortunately I was able to cut it into sections because it's behind other objects, but if it would have been all visible i don't know what I could have done.

Thanks for your input!

J Hill Designs

just looked for it...I know in corel you can set the gradient steps in eps export...

but there is a gradient smoothness in the RIP/Print dialogue it seems...

thewood

You can create Blends in Flexi between two colors and choose the amount of steps--255 max I believe. But that is not a gradient option.

You can also choose the smoothness of gradients in the Flexi RIP, but that wouldn't effect what the graphic looks like on the screen prior to RIPing as shown in your screencap.

Did you Eyedrop that gradient from the neighboring gradients? Or Copy and Paste it? Try assigning a new gradient from the Swatch Table or the Fill/Stroke Editor. I have seen some strange things when Eyedropping or Copying gradients in Flexi.

Graphics2u

You can create Blends in Flexi between two colors and choose the amount of steps--255 max I believe. But that is not a gradient option.

You can also choose the smoothness of gradients in the Flexi RIP, but that wouldn't effect what the graphic looks like on the screen prior to RIPing as shown in your screencap.

Did you Eyedrop that gradient from the neighboring gradients? Or Copy and Paste it? Try assigning a new gradient from the Swatch Table or the Fill/Stroke Editor. I have seen some strange things when Eyedropping or Copying gradients in Flexi.
I most likely eyedropped it. I'll give that a shot.