• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graduating to Laminator - Need advice - 54"

MarkH42

I'll start by saying we don't do much laminating, and what we do has been capably handled with The Biq Squeegee up to this point. But we are getting a few more jobs in where we have to mount vinyl to coro, and laminate to digital prints and I want to start figuring out what is out there. I also hear these machines can be used to mount premask to cut vinyl, and that is something we do a fair amount of.

Ideally, I would like to find something used and affordable before I pull the trigger on a Seal 54 or something along those lines. I do need a 54" wide model. A manual machine is a possibility because we rarely have jobs large enough to warrant the need for an electric motor. A table top model is also a possibility. Any thoughts or ideas on an affordable, entry-level machine would be appreciated.

ZsVinylInc

I use to run a Royal Sovereign 55" cold laminator / mounter and loved it. I would purchase another in a heart beat.

Letterbox Mike

I use to run a Royal Sovereign 55" cold laminator / mounter and loved it. I would purchase another in a heart beat.

I second this. Except we replaced ours with a Seal a couple years ago and I regret the decision. Once you get the RS dialed in it's a great laminator for sure, I highly recommend it.

Manual is good for highway signs. if your going to be laminating digital prints you want one that has a take up wheel. You will use this thing every day and it should improve your production time from mounting by hand. get a 60" wide.
I use mine to mount to substrates, laminate, and premask 36"+

Learn you machine. You will mess stuff up at the begining......setup and alignment is key. keep your rollers clean and never leave them down. find the right preasure and she will be you best friend.

ProColorGraphics

I have a US Tech laminator and it has worked awesome for me. You can't be $4500 for a 65" model with heat assist and a powered take up real. Once I figured out how to web it to make everything go straight, it has been awesome! www.bestdgi.com