• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

grainy .psd .bmp on pc600

jhardy

First off I know its an old machine but I just wanted something to play with for little 1/10 scale car bodies and it was cheap. Please only positive, helpful comments.

I have Flexi 8.x, Adobe Photoshop CS3 and Illustrator CS3 and they all print very grainy on my PC600 and very clear, photo quality on a cheap HP Deskjet so I dont think its a program issue but I could be wrong. Any ideas? I have tried 300, 600, 1200 dpi in photoshop and there is little differance no matter what app I print from on my PC600. I have not tried saving as a .tiff yet.

Thanks for any info.

only positive replies..sigh..these machines were a great idea that really would have filled a need in many markets* so without getting too negative they have some limitations...and many of them you just have to accept.

i would call in some favors from sign friends who utilize different design programs and keep notes about what program the art work was created in and the attributes and test until you find the best results..document the process and then duplicate what works the best.

if your only use for this machine is scale cars you should think about how they will be viewed, from what distance, etc and you should be fine with a little tweaking. you are not reproducing fine art.

the onyl time i would recommend one of these machines or it's predecessors(spl?) would be for a hobby market like this.

*my little side note from above i have seen a desktop solvent printer in r&d that looks promising if it comes to market.

just to be clear about my feelings and not trying to be negative, but this comes up quite a bit regarding this generation of machines. is that i had high hopes for them and sold many only to have many upset customers. roland is a stand up reputable company and in my opinion should have never put their name on these machines..it cost them many customers i know many ppl that will never buy another roland product because of their experience which is sad because their newer machines are top notch. i also bought a pc 600 and a pc 12 back in the day and was less than impressed..

so they have their place in my opinion and that place is in the hobby market and it should serve you well wiht a little tweaking. myself i was able to create the best prints with corel draw and i tried about every other sign program out at the time because i was selling software..so sometimes the cheapest solution works.

good luck, please dont take my negative comments personally. there are many ppl who had reallly bad luck with these machines, it is like opening up an old wound everytime the topic comes up.

iSign

First of all, your rules aren't going to fly here. You are free to start a conversation, but you will never be in control of it. It is a public conversation.. like walking in a bar starting to talk about 2 rival teams in that town.. you can talk about your team... but you don't get to tell other people what to talk about...

That said, you probably know most of the negative stuff already.. price per square foot... banding..

I bought one, didn't like it, & so I returned it & got an edge... but i think they are best for spot color work. I don't think you'll ever get a very good image print!

jhardy

good quality = deskjet
poor quality = pc600

Attachments

• Scanned Image.jpg
    Scanned Image.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 67