• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec 7000-75 ???

speedy

good afternoon or evening for some people....

Hey Guys.

I own a new Graphtec 7000-75 / latest firmware 1.6.

-the technician installed and tested the unit. everything was ok
-days later i went to plot a job. in this is what i'm getting. (it's inpossible to weed. every 1/4" i have tiny little nipples or spaces.
-the tech thinks it's bad bearing inside the main head??
-i called Graphtec tech support, 24 hrs. ago. (no answer yet).

I've owned plotters before (Summa), never a graphtec.

-Just wondering if anyone out there has seen this issue. :help:
-attached a a pic with the problem.

thanks for your help

Attachments

• IMG_4081.jpg
    IMG_4081.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 223

Mrs. Uneedasign

We received our 7000-130 in February, and other that a few tracking problems that had to be worked out, the unit has been great. We are still using the same blade that came with it. Our old plotter used a blade per month. I have never seen what your plotter is doing. My experience with Graphtecs support has been similar to yours, they are very under staffed.
I suggest you keep calling.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Since the skip is regular and in both the X and Y directions, it's unlikely there's any mechanical problems. Fire your technician, it's incompetent.

You probably have the tool set to 'POUNCE' and the spacing to .25" or whatever it is in millimeters. Have a look at the condition you're using. Or you have a firmware malfeasance.

Neil

I had that problem when I upgraded the firmware.
It altered the line type to some crazy pounce option.

To fix it go to Function 1,
then Pref. Line Type,
press the up arrow till it reads =OFF.

Interesting there are no less than eight different line types!

robpruitt

I would have to agree with Neil that the problem is very likely the firmware but it's also possible the unit could be defective. If following Neils advice for the firmware update I would get a replacement unit.

I received a bad Master cutter (go figure) and messed with it for nearly a week just to find out the unit was defective. If I had it to do over again I would have sent it back sooner.

speedy

Neil said:
I had that problem when I upgraded the firmware.
It altered the line type to some crazy pounce option.

To fix it go to Function 1,
then Pref. Line Type,
press the up arrow till it reads =OFF.

Interesting there are no less than eight different line types!

Thanks Neil and everyone else. you guys are so much better then calling tech support. :thankyou:

Did what said, (Line type was set at 7), now it's OFF.
Did a quick test.....perfect!

thanks again,

ahollow

They are presets, so you don't have to change settings every time you change vinyl, etc. I have 1 set for Oracal 651, 2 for reflective, 3 for paint mask, 4 for sandblast mask, etc. So everytime I gat a vinyl set cutting just the way I like, I save it into one of the 8 settings, then just use that setting whaen cutting that vinyl. Works great!

PS: don't be confused by the F4 setting, pen type. This can be pen, pounce, other, CB09Ux, CB15Ux, etc. If using the CB09Ux setting, the offset is built in. So, the manual calls for 18 for the CB09Ux blade, but since it is built in, the digit 0 should be shown just after the CB09Ux info. You can change the setting from 18 by adding or subtracting to the 0. To use offset 20, change the 0 to 2. To use offset 15, change the 0 to -3.

Howard Keiper

Allan...

What you say about the presets,or CONDITIONS, is correct, but what SPEEDY and NEIL are talking about is the PREF (PERF?) LINE TYPE feature, a carryover from those FC models serving the apparel industry which requires an ability to cut patterns in various materials. The feature is similar to the POUNCE feature in that it produces cuts through the material, but they're definitely NOT interchangeable in function or use.
hk

Howard Keiper

Allan...

Also, the OFFSET value= 0 after the knife type is always a safe bet when using Graphtec blades. If you use a 3rd party or resharps however, you might well have to adjust that value.
hk

ahollow

Thanks Howard for straightening me out. I still have a lot to learn on this, but I just love this plotter!

Contour cutting is next!