• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec 8600 Printer port

Chris...

My graphtec 8600 will not show up in cutting master 3 plugin in Adobe illustrator 6 when using the printer port. Im using ethernet right now but it's not very stable.

dypinc

My graphtec 8600 will not show up in cutting master 3 plugin in Adobe illustrator 6 when using the printer port. Im using ethernet right now but it's not very stable.

Might be better to diagnose and fix the ethernet instability.

Phenex

When I received my FC8600 the dealer advised me to only use the USB connection. I tried on several occasions to use ethernet, and while it connected, I did not have the same stability as with USB.

Have you connected with USB? If you can, I would recommend you try it. I bought a longer cord and have not looked back.

netsol

why isn't ethernet stable?

i am curious why ethernet input is not stable?

probably time to properly configure your network, and, perhaps abandon the usb input.

while not impossible, fixing usb port can be expensive and time consuming. you can also read some of the macmedia posts and see why you don't want to send board out for repair. even if the rj45 jack is defective, we can locate a replacement and all you need is a local tech with advanced soldering skills.

pm me if you want to explain what isn't stable on your network. i will reply with my cell phone number and try to assist in diagnosing the issue

Might be better to diagnose and fix the ethernet instability.

Chris...

ip scan shows the ip address of the graphtec but it sometimes fails to sync. Have to restart the computer to get it to sync.