• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec CELITE-50 cannot open port message

sirius

Hello,

I am reaching out here because I cannot find a solution, and Graphtec has not replied to my email over 2 days ago. Anyway, I have a Graphtec CELITE-50 and it's probably over 2 years old. When I tried to use it the other day, I got hit with the message "Cannot open port". Also, when I unplug and plug the USB cable back into my computer, it tells me that Windows does not recognize this USB. I have tried new cords, restarted my computer, etc and nothing is working. Does anyone have any insight what I can do to fix this problem? I'm really hoping the whole unit isn't toast because of a port/cord problem. Thank you so much!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Try re-installing the driver. if that doesn't work, it's most likely a cable or USB port issue. I don't have a lot of experience with that model so might be off base but it's what happens on most cutters I've worked on when the USB fails.

Jason1

I have a new 9000 and every once and a while after cutting jobs it will do this and I have to turn it off and back on.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
This is going to sound crazy, but see if anything else has recently been plugged in...phone, USB or SD card. I used to have terrible issues with SignLab simply because I plugged in the SD card.

JB

netsol

I am afraid it could be a bad USB interface on the plotter
Unplug the USB cable AT THE COMPUTER END.
Plug in a flash drive. If the drive is recognized & given a drive letter, the port on the computer is good
You can plug the plotter cable into a different USB on the computer, but, remember it will have a different port name
Before we pursue having the board repaired, or buying a new one try downloading a program called "USB oblivion". It will clear USB device history COMPLETELY.
You will see your keyboard and mouse being redetected
You will need to reinstall any USB drivers, but, this might work