• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec FC-8600-130 contour cutting issues

ronl1975

We purchased, new, in 2018 the FC-8600 and an HP 315 latex printer. Almost immediately we had issues with the Graphtec and had to send it in for repairs. Since we randomly have issues with the contour cutting being off, down and left, up and right or just down. We have dealt with the company we purchased through and graphtec several times to to avail. This go round we have been dealing with it since Dec 2020. We have left multiple phone messages and emails to Graphtec and FINALLY got a call back Tuesday. Our warranty expired the end of Feb. We went back and forth all week with tech support and still have no resolution. We are also waiting for another call back from them. We print on Oracal 3640 but have tried 3M and still have the cutting issues. Any suggestions? Their tech support seems to not be able to help. Below is everything we have tried::
Factory reset
Different vinyl
Different sheet layout
Move rollers closer to registration marks
Replaced far left roller because it was messed up, remaining 2 were in good condition
Move rollers further away from registration marks
Smaller print jobs
Adjusted roller pressure
Tried USB and Ethernet connection
Different pc operating system (Win 7 and 10)
Crosshair test is perfect
20" decals cut perfect
6" decals cut perfect
3" decals cut off every time.

richsweeney

I spent the first year trying to get ours to work with a Latex 25500. (no previous experience)
The solutions were, to make sure you have at least one inch past the arrows up and down. The 2nd was going with at least 3 year material. We started off with with really bad material.
We now have two 360's and cut 3 inch decals all the time. Also if you have not tried this, create a new clean file with no layers other then the print layer and the cut layer. I wonder if you have a software issue. Hope this helps.

ronl1975

Our material is a 4yr.
Which arrows are you referring to?
I left out the part where we have created a file from scratch. We have even tried grouping it.
This does not happen all the time. We will go through maybe 20 sheets that cut fine. Sheets are approx 48" x 22". But there will be long periods where the 3" sheets will cut wrong. I can toss a 6" decal in the middle of the 3" and the 6" will cut perfect.

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
We purchased, new, in 2018 the FC-8600 and an HP 315 latex printer. Almost immediately we had issues with the Graphtec and had to send it in for repairs. Since we randomly have issues with the contour cutting being off, down and left, up and right or just down. We have dealt with the company we purchased through and graphtec several times to to avail. This go round we have been dealing with it since Dec 2020. We have left multiple phone messages and emails to Graphtec and FINALLY got a call back Tuesday. Our warranty expired the end of Feb. We went back and forth all week with tech support and still have no resolution. We are also waiting for another call back from them. We print on Oracal 3640 but have tried 3M and still have the cutting issues. Any suggestions? Their tech support seems to not be able to help. Below is everything we have tried::
Factory reset
Different vinyl
Different sheet layout
Replaced far left roller because it was messed up, remaining 2 were in good condition
Smaller print jobs
Adjusted roller pressure
20" decals cut perfect
6" decals cut perfect
Slow your cutting speed way down.

ronl1975

All shapes and styles[/QUOTE
Not sure what you mean by styles. We only contour cut. If you give me an hour I can post a pic of our cut files. I think it is important to know that this only happens on 3" decals. Not our larger ones. Also, we have since tested on some very old clear vinyl and it cut perfectly. Went back to our normal stuff and it was automatically off. Rechecked the crosshairs and they were still perfect.

ronl1975

Yes send pic
upload_2021-4-4_21-46-45.png

This was a single line test. These are normally cut 2 on top and 2 on bottom.

Joseph44708

I also do multiple designs per sheet, all day every day. I cut everything at the speed of 20 because of the back and forth jerkingness (if thats a word) of the graphtec.
I also Print in short sheets 36" to 48" in length.
If you are printing large jobs, extend your bleeds to compensate for cutting errors.
Also make sure your pinch rollers are locked into position and have equil pressure.

ronl1975

I also do multiple designs per sheet, all day every day. I cut everything at the speed of 20 because of the back and forth jerkingness (if thats a word) of the graphtec.
I also Print in short sheets 36" to 48" in length.
If you are printing large jobs, extend your bleeds to compensate for cutting errors.
Also make sure your pinch rollers are locked into position and have equil pressure.
we have done all of that. Which is honestly why we are so frustrated. This is not a consistent issue either. This is, however, the longest it has happened. Normally it is a few days and suddenly it fixes itself. This has been every few sheets of 3" decals since mid Dec. But the issue itself has happened since a few months after we purchased it in Feb 2018.

Joseph44708

Any warranty left?
Call the company and ligatate the machine is still not operating correctly.
I really thought the cutting speed was the problem because we went through the same problems.
Sorry for second guessing you.
Ill go through my notes and see if I can find anything else that might help you.

ronl1975

Any warranty left?
Call the company and ligatate the machine is still not operating correctly.
I really thought the cutting speed was the problem because we went through the same problems.
Sorry for second guessing you.
Ill go through my notes and see if I can find anything else that might help you.
I WISH the cutting speed was it too. When I tell you after the last, almost, 4 months we have tried almost everything it is 100% fact. We tried to contact Graphtec since Dec. calls and email. We knew our warranty ended in Feb so we were very persistent. They FINALLY called us on 3/30 an entire MONTH after the warranty expired. Which I brought up to the tech and was told "yea sorry about that. We accidentally missed you". Accidentally??? For 3 months approx 1 call a week when you say there is a 24 hour return time? I will never again buy a Graphtec.

stxrmxn

Had exactly the same issue a few times with the same machine, and like you usually fixes itself. Sorry i never did find out why. I was certain it was a Flexi issue though.

bigkahuna_305

i have the 8600-100 and had those same issues to the point we were going to buy the newest one. came to find out what helped ours get fixed is the pinch rollers. ours has 3 i had all 3 set to the highest pressure, then someone told me to leave the outter ones high and the middle one to medium #2 pressure and that solved the off tracking for our stickers, all we do is 3" print and cut laminated and non laminated and been clean since no issues

rvolkers

Factory reset
Different vinyl
Different sheet layout
Smaller print jobs
Adjusted roller pressure
20" decals cut perfect
6" decals cut perfect