• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Graphtec FC-8600 Cutting Offset when Print and Cut

Moises Millan

Hey Guys,

Have you ever experienced an issue where the Graphtec is not cutting where it should? We have an HP365 and we use Onyx Postershop Cutserver to print the artwork with the registration marks for the plotter to cut. I did print the cross pattern and then perfomed the Sensor Offset Adjust on the Graphtec Settings and everything looks fine, the issue is when I print a file and then cut it. There is a considerable offset, In some cases 1/4" offset.

Any recommendations guys?

Thanks for your help.

Moises
Unike Sign

Moises Millan

There are 2 slots, you can put the Bladeholder, or pouncer. make sure you use the one at the back.
Thanks Attila. Please see where the blade is now.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 2.51.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 2.51.11 PM.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 411

Attila Nagy

Ok. that where the blade should be for cut. Is that the direction you have the offset? you may sending the cutline for Pouncing tool. It was my first idea I had recently discovered.

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
I have fixed two of them by super glueing the tabs back into place. (See broken tabs circled in photo attached)
If the tabs are completely broken off you need to buy a new one, but dont throw the broken one away as I am working on a prototype to fix them. Ill post pictures soon to this thread.
Forgot to add:
Be a little sloppy with the super glue then sprinkle with Baking Soda powder it will help to add body to the sides of the repair. After glue is hardened use a percision file to smooth the inside surface only of the tabs so they will slide back onto the rail. The glue and baking soda powder will add strength to the sides of tabs.

Attachments

• 20210513_181408.jpg
    20210513_181408.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 372
Last edited:

Joseph44708

Its probably the non opp side (far left side of the control panel)
Pay attention when taking apart. Palce a towel under where you take screws out. There are little shim collars that fall out to nowhere land.

Hey Guys,

Have you ever experienced an issue where the Graphtec is not cutting where it should? We have an HP365 and we use Onyx Postershop Cutserver to print the artwork with the registration marks for the plotter to cut. I did print the cross pattern and then perfomed the Sensor Offset Adjust on the Graphtec Settings and everything looks fine, the issue is when I print a file and then cut it. There is a considerable offset, In some cases 1/4" offset.

Thanks for your help.

Moises
Unike Sign
Hi Moises,
We have the same equipment, and have been running it with no problems for 3 years. 2 weeks ago, out of the blue we started having the same problem. I ended up going to Graphtec's website, downloading the registration file, printing it out on cheap vinyl, and running the offset calibration. It probably took 30 minutes from start to finish. Problem solved (for now)

steve@nodinx

Hi Moises,
We have the same equipment, and have been running it with no problems for 3 years. 2 weeks ago, out of the blue we started having the same problem. I ended up going to Graphtec's website, downloading the registration file, printing it out on cheap vinyl, and running the offset calibration. It probably took 30 minutes from start to finish. Problem solved (for now)
Hey, new here. first day actually. Do you have a link for this. i am having the same issue and its near impossible to get a graphtec tec on the phone. Also is a factory reset worth doing?

steve@nodinx

Thank you.. My settings were still on tool slot 1 when it needed to be changed to 3 with the perf cut. its why all my cut lines using setting 8 were a 1/4'' off.
this forum is amazing..

Bill DiStasio

Hey Guys,

Thanks for your help.

Moises
Unike Sign
Don't forget that the knife has two positions. One for cutting perferations and regular cutting. I often forgot to move it back and would inevitably mess up the next job. So I started moving it back as soon as it was done.

Bill DiStasio

Don't forget that the knife has two positions. One for cutting perferations and regular cutting. I often forgot to move it back and would inevitably mess up the next job. So I started moving it back as soon as it was done.
If you get tired if moving it back and forth, I have a little invention I made to avoided taking it completely out and messing up the threads.

Joseph44708

I always leave my blade in the front position, (channel cut) I have never cut on the cutting strip.. No matter what I'm cutting. Kiss cut, Perf cut or straight thru cut.
It's all in the set up of your Graftec cutter.
I cut today what I printed yesterday from Two Seiko W-64 and Two Roland XR-640 printers My three Graftec cutters are the 8600 -130 and 160 and a 9000-140 they all run the same way all day.
300' to 400' of 54" vinyl and they never miss a beat.

zillion29

For years, my 8600 would routinely butcher pretty much everything I tried to cut on a print from our HP 26500. When we heard HP was no longer supplying inks for the 26500, we knew we were upgrading to a 560. So before that happened, we also upgraded from Onyx Production House 11 to 20. Overnight, all print to cut issues vanished. I could suddenly send things and they cut perfectly, even with little to no bleed. So I'm guessing sometimes if your RIP is outdated, it can totally bork your cut results.