• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec FC4100-75 HELP!!!

johnny_loves_amy

Hey there I have a Graphtec FC4100-75 and I am having problems getting it to cut properly. Can anyone help. I already changed it from GPGL to HPGL and that finally stopped it from cutting gibberish and now cuts words, but I can't get it to do what I want. I set the origin and speed and then when I go to cut and it flipping moves from Origin and goes super fast. Not only that but I can't get the lines to meet up nicely. It keeps over cutting or curving on me. I really need help guys.

signage

what software?

did it ever work correctly?

is it new or used?

do you have a manual?

some questions just for starters!

johnny_loves_amy

what software?

did it ever work correctly?

is it new or used?

do you have a manual?

some questions just for starters!
Flexi 8.1, and I dont know if it ever worked correctly I bought it used, (a one owner) and it seems to be in BRAND NEW condition, with not a scratch on it, and I have downloaded the online manual but it doesn't tell me how to stop the overcutting or what downforce to use, and the knife offset.. This is my third plotter and everyone is different in the way you set them up. I went into Flexi and slowed down the speed because it wouldn't let me do it on the plotter itself..I am kinda learning it by trial and error, but would love to have a little help if you could.. Thanks, and God Bless!!

Sign Works

Let me take a look tomorrow to see if I can locate the original owners manual for you, I believe it's on the driver disc, quite an extensive manual, I can also give you my recommended settings (force, offset, speed & quality) for various medias. My Graphtec FC4100-75 has been an excellent cutter for me over the past 10 years without ever one single problem.

I'll also get you their 1-800 number and another tip, use genuine graphtec blades, nothing else compares, if you get your cutter set properly one blade can last for years cutting hundreds of rolls of vinyl, just designate a seperate blade for metalized and or reflective films.

johnny_loves_amy

I use mostly Shine Rite vinyl for what I normally do. If not Shine Rite then Oracal.. But I do have the disc that came with the plotter, it is just a little vague at giving certian descriptions. I really would appreciate your help.. Thanks and God Bless