• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gray and orange turns to purple and pink...

Knep

Printing a logo, the first time I stepped out and it printed totally wrong, so I did a nozzle check and everything looked good, so I did a reprint, and it started out good, then the last 25% turned back to the purple/pink instead of gray orange. Anyone have any ideas? Mutoh Falcon Jr...not getting a low ink error or anything...not sure what to do! Will post some pics after I run some errands...

Thanks,
Mike

Knep

Here is the photo...

Attachments

• !cid__0302111419.jpg
    !cid__0302111419.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 147

Kwiksigns

wookie
We have had this problem with Cyan but I have a HP9000. We noticed temp. has a lot to do with this issue; being too hot.

elsignshop

your capping station might be going out, mine was doing that last week and i had to order a new capping station. once i installed the capping station it worked fine. might be a good idea to check station and see it the dampers are full of ink.

Knep

I just put a new capping station in like 6 months ago, not that, that means its not going bad...but jeeez! I'll check my dampers and what not.

Knep

On the temp thing, would I just need to turn my heaters down? My display panel for my heaters went out, so its a guessing game! Does it reset the heaters when you turn off the machine?

Knep

CMYK Dampers all look ok, 1/2 full of ink....could it be the heat problem like on an HP?

Knep

close up....and as I mentioned, the first run on this, it printed the whole logo which is 13"x21" in the pink/purple, then I made sure my color settings had not changed and started a reprint, and it did this...2/3 good...The Nozzel check looked good, all colors look to be firing like they should. Kinda stumped on this! It has printed fine up untill today, and I have a crap load to get done!

randya

This looks like nozzle dropout.
Typically dampers, with not enough ink flow to the head fast enough.
This usually clears up enough to do a nozzle check, but will drop out on longer prints.
Did you replace dampers 6 months ago as well?

Kwiksigns

wookie
I set my temp in the rip and on my printer I have my printer set to read from the software for temp. You could just try turning them off for a test.

Graphics2u

Looks like Dampers. Probably getting plugged. And particularly the Yellow. That's what running out when the orange turns to magenta.

Knep

Did not replace dampers then, I replaced everything but them, capping station, pump, lines, heads...and I did replace the black damper about 2 months ago, looks like I need to make a phone call and get some dampers ordered...Using Flexi 8.1 pro...

javier_cad2000

Hi, good night. Well, we have a Mutoh Value Jet 1620, and have been dealing with two different troubles, grays were printing as red-purple-ish and a lot of vibrant blue colors as violet. I've been wasting a lot of time trying to catch the problem, and yesterday finally I solved it. let me tell you all about this, maybe it will help you as well. 1.-Be sure all your work is CMYK and not RGB, RGB is for light, I mean, tablets, cellphones, monitors, etc. CMYK is for ink, 2.-The main trouble is the color profile, I have a Mutoh Valuejet 1624 (I use FlexiSIGN Pro to RIP, using Arlon Vinyl, obviously, there are some Arlon profiles, that honestly work decently, but not with gray and blue, so after trying more than 40 profiles I found this one that works really good, VJ-1624 Magic GFPhoto 240 720x720 Graphics 2.icc, change color correction to "Use linearization only", color mode CMYK (variable dot), Dither: SO Diffusion, with those changes the gray color its been printing super nice, and also the blue, is blue, not purple or violet. Hope this can help.