• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Review Great Air Scrubber for Solvent Printers

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Hi Guys! We found this air scrubber solution and figured it should be shared! These things are really durable, come with crazy long cords, only use a couple of amps, and can be stacked and wired up in series if you need more than one. We're into the whole thing for about $600 with 3 extra filters. It's rated at 500CFM according to the description. Which from my limited experience, seems accurate.

air-scrubber-at-FireSprint.jpg

Scrubber
Filter

Whatever you do, make sure you get a scrubber that uses a standard size filter (The one linked uses a 16x16x1" Prefilter) which you can then replace with an activated carbon filter.

We found that this one scrubber, sitting on the floor right next to our solvent printer does an excellent job of removing nearly all the smell of the printer.

Join our nationwide network of resellers.

Last edited:

bteifeld

Substratia Consulting,Printing,Ergosoft Reseller
Thank you for sharing your experience and providing these links. A point of information- the links you provided, both for the unit and its filters, show them to be unavailable. Might you have tried some of the other similar products that are available and could you mention them?

FireSprint.com

I noticed that. I hope they'll come back in stock soon. We just purchased in late July.

The important thing is to find a carbon filter that fits the scrubber. Some of the scrubbers on Amazon have proprietary filter sizes. Try to avoid those. Look for the filter size in the description, comments, or specifications, then google that filter size. Be sure you can find a VOC (Carbon, Activated Charcoal, etc) filter that fits that size.

That's how we decided on that unit specifically because it uses a somewhat standard 16x16x1" pre-filter.

CanuckSigns

Also worth looking at air filters sold as "growroom air filters" they use activated charcoal and work quite well, the filters are inexpensive and readily available.

If it can keep the smell of weed out of your basement, it can keep the smell of ink solvents out of your shop!

player

If you're on a budget you can always buy the filters and make something like this up. I use 2 filters in a triangular shape. I use corroplast instead of cardboard, and tape it together with Gorilla Tape.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
FireSprint.com Do you guys still like this air scrubber set up? Any complaints?

I've got it in my cart, was about to take the plunge but thought I'd check first. Might try one out to put between our roll printers and add one more near the flatbed if it works well.

Thanks. :thumb:

ProColorGraphics

I put (2) of these in my print room. Solvent and flatbed uv printer. Helped out big time!

FireSprint.com

FireSprint.com Do you guys still like this air scrubber set up? Any complaints?

I've got it in my cart, was about to take the plunge but thought I'd check first. Might try one out to put between our roll printers and add one more near the flatbed if it works well.

Thanks. :thumb:
Yes, we like it very much. We just replaced the filters I believe.

Dale D

I used to do water restoration and mold remediation, and I used Phoenix GuardianR Pro Hepa air scrubbers. A single GuardianR Pro will provide four air changes per hour (more than a 30' x 30' x 8' room). To top it off, this machine draws fewer than 2 amps of power. I use 1 at our shop now.
JonDon is also a great place to purchase and has good prices.