• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Great EBay Experience

garyroy

My 51" Table Top cold laminator is about 10 years old. The rollers were getting pretty hard and lost a lot of their cushy durometer.
It still worked decent but we wanted a new back up one in house in case the old one started to act funky.
The first one we ordered on EBay was shipped in a cardboard box. By the time we got it, it was pretty well bashed up.
The loading tables were bent and the crank was broken. Non working-DOA. We applied for a refund.
The second one we ordered came in a screwed together wooden crate. Packed like a solid rock. When we opened the crate, it was packed even more with styrofoam in a cardboard box.
Opened it up and it was pristine. On some items it's worth asking how it's going to be shipped before ordering.
We are super happy with this one for sure. See attached Pic.

Attachments

• Laminator.jpg
    Laminator.jpg
    798.6 KB · Views: 154

modernimagesigns

I have been thinking of adding one to my shop. May I ask who you ordered from? I tried to zoom in on the number on the end of the box, but to no avail! Thanks!

netsol

The seller was Solution4You
most used machinery i buy comes in a used, cardboard box
about 4 years ago, i bought a gerber plotter, i think
it came with a custom crate built around it
the seller informed me that he used to do all the packing at his old company
gustav stickley would have been impressed with the box this man built for me

White Haus

Not a Newbie
most used machinery i buy comes in a used, cardboard box
about 4 years ago, i bought a gerber plotter, i think
Ha. I just bought a Gerber HS15+ from a guy on Facebook from some sign group.

Packed it up real nice in a wood crate just like OP's.
Unfortunately when I opened it up it just screamed error codes at me. (Seller sent pictures and videos of it working before he packed it up, so despite his best efforts Fedex still managed to toss it around enough to probably wiggle something loose)
For now it's sitting in the corner until I can open it up and start tinkering with connections.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
When a thread title gets a song stuck in my head.... I apologize in advance.

JBurton

Signtologist
I got a sample from Massivit, while very seriously considering their machine. The box they sent over had a lid, with nylon buckles to keep it closed, along with a top handle and handles on both sides, bolted on, all sides were 3/8" plywood, with 1.5" foam glued inside, filled with packing peanuts, and shipped from Israel next day delivery.
Oh, and the letters were nice too!