• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Greetings from Cheetah Signs

flisk

Greetings and well met!

I've actually been lurking on these forums for the better part of 2 years, I finally made an account a few months back. LOTS of good stuff to learn here that's for sure!

My name is Brian Hardin II, and I have a sign shop (and I love to use ( ) when I type - when I do that it shows what I'm thinking aside from what I am typing, almost like a thought bubble in a comic book).

I started Cheetah Signs when I was living in Palm Bay, Florida a few years back. My wife and I had a baby (she is almost 3 now) and as a result my wife wanted to move back to her home state of Arkansas so that our dauther could grow up knowing her grand-parents. We currently live about an hour away from them, which is great. My wife is really pushing for us to move closer still, which I don't suppose I'd mind, I get along with them better than my own parents anyways (but that's another post for another time).

Just before we moved I sold off some equipment (now really regretting it) and I had every intention of not doing it as hard and heavy as I did down in Florida.

BUT...

It's in my blood! Just like games, signs are in my blood (I used to own a game store in Memphis, Tn called Game Masters. Internet sales from competitors forced me to evaluate that business and I decided to close it down. My wife and I then moved to Florida. With the money I made off of the inventory I invested in sign making equipment.

It's something akin to how a piano player or muscian can sit down and create something beaultiful to listen to, I love that I can sit down and create something fun to look at, yet at the same time making sure it's functional.

I enjoy the artsy side of the sign making industry, but I also enjoy the techinal "figureing it all out" when putting a concept together. It appeals to my brain.

That aside, I'm enjoying this forum very much and realized that I never introduced myself.

So, there you have it.

One question I do have, I notice that my name is listed as Flisk (which is what I set it at when I first signed up), but is there a way to change it to my actual name? I ask this because I'm trying to figure out if I want to keep my nick-name (flisk is my role-playing name given to me many-a-year ago and I still use it today), or if I should go with my real name/sign company name here on these forums for more credibility.

Thoughts?

Flame

flisk is my role-playing name given to me many-a-year ago and I still use it today

Um.... do I want to know what kind of game you are referring to. Um.... role playing, like........... um...... o boy. Never mind.......................................

:Welcome: !!!!!

Pro Image

Howdee from VA,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Just Private Message Fred Weiss and he will change your log-in name.............

flisk

Um.... do I want to know what kind of game you are referring to. Um.... role playing, like........... um...... o boy. Never mind.......................................

:Welcome: !!!!!

Haha Flame Master! Games such as Dungeons and Dragons, World of Warcraft, Everquest, Star Wars, etc. Yes, I'm a gamer geek.

NOT stuff like S&M <grin>

gvgraphics

He said S&M, I think he likes ya Flamey!!!!!!!!

Welcome from PA!!

Flisk, you have to watch out for Flamey, he likes guys on the internet!!!
:Big Laugh :Big Laugh :Big Laugh :Big Laugh

S

SignTech

Haha Flame Master! Games such as Dungeons and Dragons, World of Warcraft, Everquest, Star Wars, etc. Yes, I'm a gamer geek.

NOT stuff like S&M <grin>

What's wrong with S&M?

:Welcome: :thumb: :help:

561473934_bf4c9117da.jpg

S

SignTech

Are you the one in the mask?

Everything is wrong in that picture .... the hats, shirts, ties ... nothing matches ........ I think switching the hats around would bring the picture together better ............

flisk

I can only hope that by the spirit of this thread I am able to bring much more laughter and fun to each and one of you.

Tangent my posts! Tangent them all! (now where did I put my vampire gloves and finger spurs...)

:Big Laugh

S

SignTech

"Haha Flame Master! Games such as Dungeons and Dragons, World of Warcraft, Everquest, Star Wars, etc. Yes, I'm a gamer geek.

NOT stuff like S&M <grin>"

You cracked me up Flisk when you said the above sentence ....

Welcome .......... thanks for the laugh .............

~M

gvgraphics

By the looks of it you will fit in just fine.

Just don't sit too close to Flamey, he likes to cop a feel every once in a while!