• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Grimco now selling LED.....a couple questions please.

visual800

Got a call from our local Grimco dude informing the are now selling LED, power supplies here in the southeast....nope I had no idea they carried this stuff. He was bragging about their Hanley line of LEDs. He says "everyone" is talking about how bright they are and they look like neon. He also mentioned they are a great price. I currently use GE 7100k from Tublight and they look awesome at night. The ones he quoted were less exepnsive and his were 6500k.

I don't like salesmen because....well, they are salesmen. From past years they hand you a line of bulls** and talk about items they have no experience in and they are never there when the product fails. I don't believe anything they say or do since they really don;t care about anything but making money. I certainly hate feeling that way but its been proven time and time again over the years. This guy may be tried and true and is "different" from the rest.

Are any of you guys using the Hanley LEDs and power supplies? If so what do you like? not like? There are alot of cheapa$$ LED units out there cause we have stripped them out of signs and replaced

signage

I have never tried them!

You should ask him for samples and hook them up and test them for yourself! Like you said all salesman tell you what they have is the greatest, if they didn't they wouldn't be a salesman!

My research has showed me that most of these cheaper LED are the ones that didn't pass the larger companies requirements (rejects).

fmg

I too had a Grimco sales rep in the shop and gave me the same sales pitch.
I told him that I was very happy using GE lights and that I had no inclination to change.BLAH BLAH BLAH he went on and on and on.I told him I don't purchase from vendors that I don't have an account with to which he said "Oh I thought you had an account with us" Theres sincerity for you.

Sorry I cant be of much help with the Hanley question never tried them.

visual800

He said he would send a sample so I guess we will see. He also said they been using them out weat fr 2-3 years now and they are now bringing them over to da southeast. Theree has to be some feedback out there somewhere

signworldusinc

Merchant Member
LED Modules and Drivers technology had advanced rapidly over the past few years and many vendors are now offering high quality LED's at competitive prices. We carry our own LED modules/drivers that all come with 2 year warranty and are UL certified. Feel free to give us a try and we would be happy to send samples to anyone who wants to test them out. :smile:

http://www.display-wholesale.com/servlet/the-LED-Sign-Modules/Categories

Warm regards,
-Signworld Team

Techman

My main concern is the lack of info for some brands.
I received some LED's with no info on them at all. I had to guess the wattage and voltage and resistance.
Figuring the forward voltage and then the resistance for some is so easy. For others it is difficult because there be little info.

How does some of the users here calculate the wattage, voltage and resistance for some of these LED's?