• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Grimco Suck again - 4mm corrugate plastic 24x18 BAD!!!!

Mainframe

Put them out in the sun for a day with something flat and heavy and straighten them. One of the most important assets of your business success will be your ability to think on your feet and get yourself out of a jam.???

J Hill Designs

Orange County is a county in the U.S. state of California. Its county seat is Santa Ana. As of the 2010 census, its population was 3,010,232, making it the third most populous county in California, behind Los Angeles County and San Diego County and the second most populous in the Greater Los Angeles Area after Los Angeles County.[SUP][1][/SUP] It is the sixth most populous county in the United States as of 2009 while at the same time is the smallest area-wise county in Southern California, being roughly half the size of the next smallest county,Ventura.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orange,_California

its a city as well

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That stock was definitely mistreated, either by you , the delivery guy or at the factory.

It's your responsibility to check everything as it comes in the door. They're called packing slips and before you sign off on something, you should thoroughly inspect or just shut up for not doing your job a moth later. Yep, sounds more like laziness than Grimco's problem.

I don't know.... is it me...... or is anyone else getting bothered by all the negative feedback about Grimco ??

We have a bunch of great distributors/vendors and I call them from time to time, just to thank them for their great service. I mean really..... how many thousands upon thousands of orders go through without a hitch ?? A little common sense can work wonders, but if all you do is b!tch and complain..... I'd be a little leery of who really is at fault..... especially based on $75 worth of materials.

Get another box and use that one for tests and freebies. :wink:

We don't really use Grimco too much, but when we do, never had a problem. :thumb:

We use Grimco almost exclusively for everything except vinyl because unfortunately, for whatever reason, they don't carry Oracal. We've never had any problems at all. Ordering over the phone is fast and simple and when we met the Chicago crew at their open house a month or so ago they are all very nice people. Last Friday we ordered 6 polycarbonate sheets and they were here Monday, regardless of the fact that Tuesday would have been their normal delivery date. They must have had a slow enough day and we weren't too far out of the driver's way, so they brought it a day early. You certainly can't beat that.

As much as I hate to voice this opinion, I did sort of view them as the "Walmart" of the sign supply industry, primarily because they are expanding so quickly and also because I think some of their products may be a bit lower quality than others. But so far we've been happy with the Max Metal products and the polycarbonate we get from them, as well as the traffic signs and other odd goodies. I can say my attitude is changing about them and I prefer them over Glantz or about any other vendor we have tried.

supersignmart

I'm with Tom

We stock Matra Plast corrugate plastic from Canada. We offer reseller pricing. We've had nothing but good feedback on the MatraPlast coro.

-Tom
SignsDirect.com

We only buy Matra Plast! You couldn't give me coroplast brand and inteplast isn't cut square and usually comes in bowed worse than what the op
posted. We pay a little more for the Matra Plast but we never have any problems and when you use up to 8 skids a week of 18x24's you don't
want problems. We are the same way with banner material, we've tried many cheaper brands but only use ultraflex.

Grimco +1

I like Grimco's free shipping and if you just ask they'll sharpen their pencil on their already low prices. I too wish they had oracal vinyl. I also like metal/max ACM dibond alternative it has good specs... On the 3MM Maxmetal the AL thickness is .15MM and on the 6MM Maxmetal the AL thickness is .21MM, and it's got a good price.

They usually deliver to me next day too.

KevSign

Our shop in City of Orange, OC County, CA - Around Honda Center, Angel Stadium, Disneyland CA.

Any way - Live and Learn as you all said even still learn English every day, because I am Asian :), but my kids won't they are will success than me, I am working hard for their generation.

About Grimco put behind my back and move on. We have many vendor here like Montroy, Sign-mart (2 blocks), Advantage Distribution (just order 100 sheets corrugate 4'x8'), Hillscore plastic (they are great), Piedmont Plastics, Sabic.

Cheer!:rock-n-roll: