• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Grimlite

MNT_Printhead

Working among the Corporate Lizard People
I never was able to get the Dentube site to work and had already cut back on using them since they took about a year to get a plotter they sold me fixed. They did stock plenty of Avery though so I could always get some if my other vendor ran out and I need it it soon.

Grimco is expensive (even when I get things quoted) and doesn't locally stock most of what I use so I don't like seeing them take over other companies.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
We need to find a new supplier for our Roland inks and parts now. Grimco and Roland don't get along I guess.
Did anyone see the email they put out about this? It was a little charged and seemed like Grimco was butthurt. The last thing this industry needs is 1 company selling all of the main line equipment and Roland knows this.

Here is the email that I recieved yesterday from Grimco about Roland.
1698411318379.png

Notarealsignguy

Grimco could have been more diplomatic and not started out with "Due to Roland's decision"
Not sure why that irks me but it seems snarky and unprofessional.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Grimco could have been more diplomatic and not started out with "Due to Roland's decision"
Not sure why that irks me but it seems snarky and unprofessional.
Yeah no kiddin'. Could've just said "effective immediately blah blah blah" instead of sounding whiny.

Clearly it's a big blow to them and they're not happy about it, but still.

MNT_Printhead

They should just be happy they got Mimaki back. I wonder how they are going to service Epson and Mimaki, as far as I know there a no techs at the Grimco here. When I called them in the past for HP service they have told me to just call HP who sends out a Bell and Howell bro.

d fleming

I paid tubelite cod. Decided to do it that way to avoid their useless accounting sending multiple bills for one delivery, etc. They still would send me bills occasionally and I would have to remind them that we paid cod. We were using tubelite because Grimco was even worse. Now they want a credit card at time of purchase (aint happening) and they are letting all of their drivers go on Jan 1 so I am guessing no more delivery soon. Looks like the local plastic house for boards and the cowboy for a while for everything else.

Billct2

Grimliteston. My longtime and superb supplier Garston was bought out by Tubelite a couple months ago, now GRIMco is their owner. They delivered 4 days a week on their own trucks and carried a full line of sign supplies. This sucks.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I never was able to get the Dentube site to work and had already cut back on using them since they took about a year to get a plotter they sold me fixed. They did stock plenty of Avery though so I could always get some if my other vendor ran out and I need it it soon.

Grimco is expensive (even when I get things quoted) and doesn't locally stock most of what I use so I don't like seeing them take over other companies.
And now Fellers just closed shop here in Denver. I know Milano Digital here in town just picked up Arlon if that helps.

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
Most of you guys are incredibly lucky that you have anyone deliver to you. I'm in a dead zone where Tubelite, Grimco, Glantz, etc all deliver within 50 miles of me but won't come to me, and truck freight is usually cost prohibitive for certain items. I have a local supplier that comes once a week that covers most of my vinyl and ACM needs, and another supplier that comes once every two weeks that covers all my roland and PVC needs. Other than that, I'm in a tight spot. That being said, I have gotten along with Grimco pretty good over the years. Tubelite will be missed.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
I paid tubelite cod. Decided to do it that way to avoid their useless accounting sending multiple bills for one delivery, etc. They still would send me bills occasionally and I would have to remind them that we paid cod. We were using tubelite because Grimco was even worse. Now they want a credit card at time of purchase (aint happening) and they are letting all of their drivers go on Jan 1 so I am guessing no more delivery soon. Looks like the local plastic house for boards and the cowboy for a while for everything else.
Why wouldn't you use a credit card?

d fleming

Because of their history with double billing my card. Grimco also had a bad habit of sending me pre-destroyed stock and charging for product that was yet to show up or never showed up. Had accounts with both at one time, my credit is certainly not an issue. It's all about their service and accounting shortfalls.

Notarealsignguy

In this area, Grimco and Glantz have used a courier service for as long as I remember. I believe that Tubelite had a company driver

MNT_Printhead

Grimco's service has really dropped with however they are delivering now. I ordered 5 ink carts 3 days ago and only one showed up the next day and I am still waiting for the others. I ordered some banner and was told to expect it last Thursday or Friday and it showed up Wednesday this week. I used to be able to count on their delivery times - order by 10am and get it that afternoon, after 10am get it the next morning.