• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Grommet placement in pole banners

RMarshall

We just got our first order for pole banners and we're outsourcing to a local trade printer.

We ordered several samples before ordering the full quantity and the samples don't have any grommets.

I can add the grommets in house but I'm not sure where to put them...
I've been searching around online and on here but haven't seen any specifics.
I'm a little confused because some of what I see makes it seem (no pun intended lol) like the grommets help reinforce the hem, while other things make it seem like the grommet is just for attaching the banner to the hardware.

Do you put the grommets directly through the sewn seams or just below the seam/pocket?

Attachments

• pole banner grommet.jpg
    pole banner grommet.jpg
    344.8 KB · Views: 247

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If the banners are made correctly they'll be double sewn through the loop and down the edges. Then, below the stitching is fine, as the stitching will help it from tearing out. If the edges are not sewn, I'd suggest putting in on the sewn loop stitching. Otherwise, if there's nothing to help hold it together, strong winds can easily pull them out.

Attachments

• banner grommet placment.jpg
    banner grommet placment.jpg
    832.7 KB · Views: 126