• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Grouped Outline

KPC

How do you achieve the grouped outline in Corel Draw 12, shown in this thread:

http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53169

Also, I tried copying the image and using the postcard icon "insert image" but it posts the picture full size. Why is it in the other thread that the image is a clickable thumbnail.

attachment.php

BadAss

You outline in 2 steps, then break apart and seperate. Then you can weld or compine and iy will turn out just as pictured...M*

KPC

Thanks for the reply, I can get each letter to individually outline. however I can't figure out how to group the lettering for a combined outline.

GVP

Effects -> Contour. Set the steps to two, then after applying, break the contour group apart and set the inner one back to white.

iSign

Also, I tried copying the image and using the postcard icon "insert image" but it posts the picture full size. Why is it in the other thread that the image is a clickable thumbnail.

the "postcard icon" will always insert an image that already exists on some web server, right into your post, at whatever pixel dimension it exists as.

Down below the field you type your post into is a button "manage attachments"and this would be where you can upload an image of your own, from your own hard drive, & it will place it on the signs101 server, as well as creating a clickable thumbnail view for it.

KPC

Ok, I was able to complete the 2 step effect-contour process.

I broke the curve. However the contour goes to both the inside & outside of the font. Those two contours still seem to be grouped, because if I try setting the color back to white, or try deleting the inside contour, the outside contour changes at the same time

How can I further break these apart.

Any chance someone can try this in corel 12 and give a step by step.

:thankyou:

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 47

signage

KPC in version 12 do a one step outline to get the look you want.

Brake apart and node edit the outline to get ride of inside holes.

Then do another outline of the first outline!