• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GS15-Plus Starts Cutting in the Wrong Place!

stitchup

So I've been cutting labels without any issues then, all of a sudden the next batch starts to cut in the wrong place! I have no idea why. Instead of the cutter blade going to the far side of the carriage to start cutting, it now moves about 4" and starts cutting!

I've tried switching everything off, re-producing the labels and sending to the cutter but the same result!

The only thing I've had to do is to place s little talcum powder on the roller where it's started to melt in order to stop sticky getting on the underside of the vinyl - been doing this for a while with success.

If the powder has got inside the cutter, is there anything there that could be affecting the start position? I have another 1500 labels to cut to finish the job :)

Cheers

John

ego198

Based on my opinion, when you have to cut so many decals like this case, a thousand or more its not a very good idea to send it to cut in 1 or 2 pasess, based on my expreicne to avoid this kind of errors, its best to divide the job as many passes as possible...for example for 1500 i will do like 15 passes with 100 cuts..this is better to make 1 pass of 1500, 2 of 750 or 3 of 500 its too many for this machine and goes crazy, and when it goes crazi happens that situation, cuts goes crazy and it cuts where it shouldn be doing....this is my experience. thanks, good luck.

stitchup

Thanks for the reply.

I only RIP/CUT 250 labels at a time, it's always worked but only now has it started playing up! 250 labels is approx; 1metre in length so not enormous.

Each label has a number and barcode so each label is different but this has always been the case.

ego198

Ok, have you tried to shorten the passes and see how it goes? I iwil try to short 50% and see if it makes the same mistakes....good luck!

FunkotronXL

The only thing I've had to do is to place s little talcum powder on the roller where it's started to melt in order to stop sticky getting on the underside of the vinyl - been doing this for a while with success.
Open the lowers and air blast or vacuum any talc out that may have gotten onto the boards. If you continue using this on the roller, best create a diaper or shield to catch any more from gathering on the electronics inside. Have you tried simply wrapping the roller with a layer of vinyl instead?

Maybe pull and reseat your connections, especially for any leads going to the X, Y, and Z axis motors/controllers

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Once it starts from the wrong origin point, will it continue to cut without going crazy anywhere else ?? Sounds like a pin might've broken off the belt.

Joe House

Which direction is it off? This makes a big difference in troubleshooting. If it's off the direction of carriage travel, then the most common issue is dirty, dry bars that the carriage moves on. Clean them with some isopropyl alcohol and lubricate with one drop on each side of the carriage on each bar, then move the carriage back and forth to distribute the oil. Don't over oil!

If it's off in the direction the vinyl moves, then it's probably a timing belt or cracked gear in my experience.

Good Luck