• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GS6000 Overspray

Reaction GFX

Wondering if anyone can shed some light as to why my GS6000 is generating so much overspray. I know I have some deflecting nozzles, but would that cause this much overspray? This was after about a 4 hour run. Doesn't get on the prints at all, just all over the edge of the platen and all over in the printhead parking area. I am using the maxi-pad flushing pad trick...would that maybe have something to do with it?

This printer has seen better days for sure, but it still cranks out decent quality prints. I've been the only person to use it for the past 10 years, so I know it's been fairly well maintained. I'm just trying to squeeze as much life out of it as I can before I have to bite the bullet and buy a new printer.

Attachments

• overspray.jpg
    overspray.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 286

Reaction GFX

Actually, upon closer inspection, the overspray IS getting on my prints along that particular edge. Depending on the print, sometimes it isn't even visible, but it definitely is on a white background. Had to shift my media all the way to the other edge to avoid this. Anyone got any ideas what's causing this? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It's a weird one. I guess it could have something to do with the maxi-pad and it should be easy to test out by just taking it out. The purpose of that sponge is to keep the ink from splashing back up on the head. Maybe the maxi-pad is too dense and it's deflecting ink off and creating an ink mist?

Other than that, I would probably clean the encoder strip to rule that out.

nate

Actually, upon closer inspection, the overspray IS getting on my prints along that particular edge. Depending on the print, sometimes it isn't even visible, but it definitely is on a white background. Had to shift my media all the way to the other edge to avoid this. Anyone got any ideas what's causing this? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

I don't know the cause, but when I had three of those machines they looked exactly like that. We'd just clean it off and keep moving forward.

Reaction GFX

Glad to hear it's not too unusual, it's just new to me. First time this has been an issue in the 8 years I've been operating this machine. However, I'm now finding that the ink is building up in the crack just above the media guide, between the black plastic strip and the platen. It's making the media guide pretty sticky and it no longer slides along that area of the platen quite like it should. I tried to shove a lil chiseler wrapped in a thin cloth into the crack with some isopropyl on it, but didn't seem to get much of the gunk out of there. So no one really knows what causes this? Or why my machine would just suddenly start doing it?

Attachments

• epsonbuildup.jpg
    epsonbuildup.jpg
    448.6 KB · Views: 231