• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GSX Plus cutting accurancy problem

ego198

Hi there,

i have a problem with my gsx plus cutter.

this is the cutter

pBVnpWO.jpg

UZ6OTh2.jpg

Problem today i was cutting some decals as you can see it is a rectangle with top rounded corners, the problem as i try to explain in the images , all the left top rounded corners are perfect, but all the right top rounded are not perfect, they should be rounded and if you look with attention they look like almost a straight line instead a round corner. it happens in all the same side, the right and in all the decals. tried several times with no good results.

PyVNksV.jpg

O41CTdl.jpg

As i observed, the area where the green arrow points is the area where it started and finished to cut each one if i remeber well..dont know if it is related with this...¿?
The force i cutted with is set to between 2 and 3 in the "clock"
Anybody knows how to fix this issue? where the problem comes from?

Other type of shapes to cut, the plotter does a good job, but sometimes the plotter does this kind of bad things id like to solve with your help.

Thanks in advance.
kind regards,
Pablo.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
do the basics first. clean glue residua from around sprockets with alcohol and tooth brush.
check if belts are stretched or teeth worn down
download user manual and check backlash settings for x and y axes

netsol

Premium Subscriber
and, by the way, is the small orange belt worn down and stretched?
it rotates the cutter. (probably most likely suspect)
jimmy the plotter doctor has thes on ebay

ego198

Hi there and thanks for your help.
I did the clean up whewhen i purchased. First thing i did.

Where is that orange belt located? Never heard of this. I suspect it may be the cause, if you can send me the link to Ebay... Thanks

ego198

Oh Thank you! Are you sure were talking about the same.plotter? Gsx plus

Never heard of that small belt and of course never checked it.

I would be very grateful if you can send to me...maybe we can fix this issue.

Thanks in advance.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
The GSx does not have an orange theta belt, it uses a swivel knife instead of a tangential blade.

Like the previous post mentioned, I'm going to guess you have some backlash in your X or Y axis.

Backlash means there is too much clearance between two gears, or there is too much clearance between a gear and a tooth belt. When the driver gear changes direction, this excessive clearance causes the cutting head to delay slightly until contact is again made between the two components (gears or gear and belt). This slight delay is causing your issue.

One other problem may be that a gear has become loose from a motor shaft.

There are methods for adjusting the clearance between gears or a gear and a belt. Look in your manual for directions.

The best way to know if these issues are the true problem is to reverse your cut direction around the perimeter of your image. The top left corner should exhibit the problem if that is the case.

JB

Last edited:

ego198

thank you so much..yes it is a GSX i never heard of that thera belt...youre correct...anyway thank to both, JB and netsol.

How do i reverse the cut direction around the perimeter of my image?

Should i cut the same image mirrored? to see if the "wrong cutting top corner" change from one side to the other? or how do i try that?

netsol

Premium Subscriber
thanks JB.
my mistake. thinking of the older plotters.
i am looking for the service manual for these plotters.

ego198

hi there,

ive done more tests, perhaps the image is not very clear but i explain you,

n4xEZr7.jpg

on the left are the shapes cutted in normal mode=top left corners wrong way= straight cut, on the right are the shapes cutted mirrored and the top left corner improves a lot=good curved cut

With this clues, how should i proceed?
Thanks in advance.

ego198

hi there,

this post just to let you know yesterday i did a full cleaning process + Y Axis Backlash adjustment (2 screws) and the problem seems to have disappeared.

Thank you!

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
hi there,

this post just to let you know yesterday i did a full cleaning process + Y Axis Backlash adjustment (2 screws) and the problem seems to have disappeared.

Thank you!

I like happy endings like that!

JB