• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gun threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

signage

This happened yesterday, thank God this woman had a gun and knew how to use it.

By Christian Boone
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

The Loganville mother of two assumed the knocks on her front door Friday afternoon were from a solicitor.
“Don’t answer,” she yelled to her 9-year-old twins playing downstairs.
When the visitor began repeatedly ringing the doorbell, she called her husband at work.

“Get the kids and hide,” he told his wife.
As he dialed 911, his 37-year-old spouse, who works from home, collected the children and hid with them in a crawlspace adjoining her office. By that time, the intruder had forced his way into the three-story residence on Henderson Ridge Drive with a crowbar, authorities said. He allegedly rummaged through the home, eventually working his way up to the attic office.

“He opens the closet door and finds himself staring down the barrel of a .38 revolver,” said Walton County Sheriff Joe Chapman, who relayed the woman’s narrative to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. He asked that her name be withheld.

The woman fired six bullets, five of which hit Paul Ali Slater in the face and neck area, Chapman said. But Slater was still conscious.
“The guy’s face down, crying,” the sheriff said. The woman told him to stay down or she’d shoot again.

Slater, unaware that she had emptied her chamber, obliged as the mother and her children ran to a neighbor’s house.
The injured burglar eventually made it out of the home and into his car, driving away before deputies arrived on the scene. He didn’t get far.
“When you got five bullets in you, it makes you kind of disoriented,” Chapman told the AJC.

Deputies found Slater bleeding profusely in a neighbor’s driveway.
“I’m dying. Help me,” he told them, according to Chapman.
Slater was transported to Gwinnett Medical Center and is expected to survive, the sheriff said.

The Long Island native, who now lives in Gwinnett County, was released from the Gwinnett jail in late August after serving six months for simple battery and three counts of probation violation. Slater has six other arrests in Gwinnett dating back to 2008, according to jail records.

“My wife’s a hero,” the woman’s husband, Donnie Herman, told Channel 2 Action News in a brief statement. He did not respond to a request for comment from the AJC. “She protected her kids. She did what she was supposed to do.”

Chapman remarked that one of his deputies, impressed with the woman’s resolve, told the sheriff she had handled her first shooting better than he had.
“That mother’s instinct kicked in,” Chapman said. “You go after a mother’s kids and she’ll find herself capable of doing things she never thought she was capable of.”

My point exactly, why was this guy walking the streets amoung us? Fix this problem and almost all shooting wil end!

tsgstl

Bob, your the one that caused me to think outside the box and decipher the words used in the description. If you want to make your own bullets or purchase black powder and a musket more power to you. Do I really believe these ideas I propose? No, but the other sides unwillingness to address a real situation that resembles no other civilized part of this planet is preposterous. You are so afraid of the government that you stand behind is mind numbing. Even if I am wrong and you are right I would much rather live a life blind to reality than to have this built up anger against the powers that be trying to control my destiny. In a way I am glad their are people like you, I am a huge fan of checks and balances. If we all agreed we would not be nearly as successful. Crowd sourcing proves this, it is fact. We live in a fragile state right now. One of our political parties is doomed right now on its current track. Even if I disagree with a majority of their policies it is still very important that they exist.

signage

One of our political parties is doomed right now on its current track. Even if I disagree with a majority of their policies it is still very important that they exist.

Thank our so called new media for this! They only report what they want us to hear!

And back to your corrective matter on violent crime I will state again that our judicial system needs corrected. Why does a drunk drive serve more time than a criminal with a gun?

cajun312

A marine wrote this letter to Senator Feinstein, who does carry a gun for her protection. She has introduced a gun control bill in the senate.

Senator Dianne Feinstein,

I will not register my weapons should this bill be passed, as I do not believe it is the government’s right to know what I own. Nor do I think it prudent to tell you what I own so that it may be taken from me by a group of people who enjoy armed protection yet decry me having the same a crime. You ma’am have overstepped a line that is not your domain. I am a Marine Corps Veteran of 8 years, and I will not have some woman who proclaims the evil of an inanimate object, yet carries one, tell me I may not have one.

I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America.

I am the man who fought for my country. I am the man who learned. I am an American. You will not tell me that I must register my semi-automatic AR-15 because of the actions of some evil man.

I will not be disarmed to suit the fear that has been established by the media and your misinformation campaign against the American public.

We, the people, deserve better than you.

Respectfully Submitted,
Joshua Boston
Cpl, United States Marine Corps
2004-2012

mark galoob

Ts all of our political parties are doomed. In fact I think it's miraculous that the USA is still the most powerful nation on earth right now.

Mark galoob

tsgstl

As much as I want this thread to die, that other thread is shameful.
RIP to those 3 innocent lives lost. I think the only time I saw it mentioned was from the OP who appears to have only mentioned it for another agenda.

There is just 2 very polarized sides to this debate. That is why threads like this can't exist. As much as we try our emotions cause it to spiral uncontrollably. Once again I hold no personal resent towards anyone even if I disagree with them, I hope others feel the same.

fmg

As much as I want this thread to die, that other thread is shameful.
RIP to those 3 innocent lives lost. I think the only time I saw it mentioned was from the OP who appears to have only mentioned it for another agenda.

There is just 2 very polarized sides to this debate. That is why threads like this can't exist. As much as we try our emotions cause it to spiral uncontrollably. Once again I hold no personal resent towards anyone even if I disagree with them, I hope others feel the same.

So my signature is shameful as well.No pal the shame is on you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.