• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gun threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsgstl

What then would be the correct number? That would be the number below which there are not too many guns and over which there are too many guns. Then, for extra credit, please explain why any amount of guns over this number would be too many.

Moreover, do you actually know how many guns there are? If you do not, then how could you possibly know that there are too many?

Lets say I have no clue, does it really matter?

Here you go starting now day 1 every firearm needs to be registered. Once a year you physically take your legally purchased firearm to some form of location like a license bureau. They run the serial # and give you a physical and mental exam. If you misplace your firearm then you have some mandatory punishment (very strict one) Every piece of ammo you buy is recorded and logged. To purchase any firearm you need a full background check, full physical and mental exam and extensive gun and safety training. If caught with any unregistered firearm you receive a mandatory strict sentence. No info about any of your evaluations can be shared or disclosed to anyone but the organization set up to oversee this operation. IE no insurance refusal of a preexisting physical or mental issue. All currently owned firearms would be included in this, so you must register every piece.

Within 50 years there would be much less inner city shootings. Within 100 years they would be extremely rare.

I still have not got a answer to why a RPG is not included in our 2nd amendment, or better yet why you don't care?

Let me make myself clear. I have no problem with law abiding citizens owning and using reasonable firearms. It is the 100's of thousands that are owned illegally (that were once purchased legally) that I have a issue with.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It's easy to be nice and it's touching to be nice. Okay, enough small talk.

What does niceness have to do with your home being invaded by two neanderthals ripping into your wife while you're at work playing on the computer arguing about guns ?? If she had a gun with proper knowledge of how to use it, she could defend herself against two nice men who really aren't nice, once they put their foot in the door.

Do you have life insurance ?? Aren't you gambling with time and your life and which one runs out first ?? So, God forbid, but you're taken to the hospital for a hit 'n' run accident which was wide spread on the 5 o'clock news. Your wife returns home from your hospital bed and there are two nice men inside to greet her when she closes the door and locks it behind her. Where is your butt to take that paper weight to their heads, NOW ??

You, like so many on this thread and any other threads are thinking of yourself and only yourself, while you leave a wife.... and maybe your kids totally 100% defenseless against these nice men you're speaking about. Maybe your American wife could knock some sense into your thick skull, but what if someone rung the front doorbell and your wife answers it and it's a dippy salesperson selling door to door. Niceness grabs your wife, as two more come in the back door, cutting your kids escape off. Now, Mr niceness and his crew has your whole family and where are you ?? Who frickin' cares ?? Your a$$ ain't there hittin' them upside their head teaching them what a nice guys does to protect his family without any guns.

fmg..... I could care less how and why or why not you want to defend yourself and your family, but I'll be d*mned if you and your kind are gonna render my household defenseless because of your fear of.... or lack of knowledge of guns.

That's my point. I have a second amendment right to do this and you want to make me give that up because you're either too stoopid or scared to defend yourself. Roll over friend and we'll help you in your hour of need, but not if you tie our hands. :wavingflag: That is what we fought our war for and that's written in blood because of primarily your country. You taught us a lesson a long time ago and we still haven't forgotten it.​

cajun312

Cos you have a gun and so does he.If the gun laws were a lot tighter here then eventually maybe and just maybe he won't have a gun and neither will you so no one has to lose a life.
Where is the love here in the USA i don't get it.So much anger and hatred its unbelievable.Just look at how certain people on this forum get after reading one or two points that they disagree with it turns into such hatred.
Be nice everyone!!!:loveya:

It doesn't matter if the intruder has a gun, if an intruder is in my home and I fear that he will hurt or kill me, or steal my property, I can use a gun to protect myself and my property. In some states you can also defend your neighbors property if asked to.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/mom...uders-before-killing-one-using-12-ga-shotgun/

mark galoob

ts, the only thing in your scenerio that would happen in 100 years is that we the people would live under the tyrany of an oppressive government with no way to fight back.

a little over 200 yrs ago, a small group of rebel fighters led a rag tag fugitive fleet to fight the most powerful nation on the face of the earth because that government was extremely unreasonable and did not believe in the basic human rights that has made our country what it is.

if you dont think that can happen again lets just take a look at some other countries in the year 2013 that have no value for human life...china, rusia, myrinmar, north korea, iran, egypt, pakistan, india, mexico...hmm i could go on and on ts, but i dont need to. you are not hearing any logical or reasonable arguments concerning this, you are acting out of some irrational fear that lawful citizens are going to have gunfights in the streets.

mark galoob

Gino

Premium Subscriber
No killer instincts, just survival. I've had friends, family and almost myself taken from me by the hands of the cutthroats we're all speaking of.

Anyway, not angry. Nope. Gonna go home and do some patch paintwork in our kitchen and then watch some movies tonight. Tomorrow, we take down the Christmas decorations and then go dancing tomorrow night for a few hours. Sunday will be going to the gun range with some friends for lunch and then some target practice. After that range, I think we're gonna join an Indoor Range not far from where we live so it's a little warmer to practice. After that, it's off to the club for some libations and then home again.

By the way, it must be nice being you and avoiding all the bad parts of conversations and I'm now convinced that's what your stand is on gun control and knowledge..... your total lack of it. Being scared of something does not necessarily mean it's bad for you.

When you were a youngster, didn't your Mommy make you take medicine that didn't taste good, but was good for you ?? Like Mary Poppins said..... just a spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down in a most delightful way. :thankyou: tata.......:toasting:

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I can assure you if I encountered a home invasion in England I would not be armed with a Butter Knife or a Rock to take the bA$tard down.Most likely he would be on the end of either a millwall Brick or a good smack round his norf n sarf to wipe him out clean but I can guarantee you I would not have a gun to kill him.I just could not live with myself knowing I took a life.

How do you get from someone having a general knowledge of guns to them having "killer instincts"?

Me guesseth iseth he forgoteth what he wroteth............:rolleyes:

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Lets say I have no clue, does it really matter?...

You're the one claiming that there's too many guns. It's unclear how you could do this if you don't know what would be the proper number.

...Here you go starting now day 1 every firearm needs to be registered. Once a year you physically take your legally purchased firearm to some form of location like a license bureau. They run the serial # and give you a physical and mental exam. If you misplace your firearm then you have some mandatory punishment (very strict one) Every piece of ammo you buy is recorded and logged. To purchase any firearm you need a full background check, full physical and mental exam and extensive gun and safety training. If caught with any unregistered firearm you receive a mandatory strict sentence. No info about any of your evaluations can be shared or disclosed to anyone but the organization set up to oversee this operation. IE no insurance refusal of a preexisting physical or mental issue. All currently owned firearms would be included in this, so you must register every piece...

Nonsense. Via the constitution I, and everyone else, has the right to keep and bear arms. There are no restrictions nor qualifications to exercise this right noted. None.

Within 50 years there would be much less inner city shootings. Within 100 years they would be extremely rare.

Much as it might prejudice my argument, my lack of interest in the decidedly inferior cultures extant in inner cities is pretty much total. It's not firearms that enables this culture. It's ignorance.

...I still have not got a answer to why a RPG is not included in our 2nd amendment, or better yet why you don't care?...

Why wouldn't it be covered by the second amendment? Is there some clause in the constitution that I've overlooked that places limits on the second amendment? Merely because someone enacts a law prohibiting the ownership of this or that piece of hardware and further, even if most everyone thinks that it's a really good idea, does not mean that it passes any constitutional test. Is it illegal to own an RPG in your village? If so has this edict been tested by the supreme court?

...Let me make myself clear. I have no problem with law abiding citizens owning and using reasonable firearms. It is the 100's of thousands that are owned illegally (that were once purchased legally) that I have a issue with...

That's confusing. In previous paragraphs you make it abundantly clear that you want to erect draconian roadblocks to firearms ownership.

Moreover, who gets to be the arbiter of 'reasonable'? There is no reasonability test in the second amendment.

'Illegally owned guns'? The only way anyone can illegally own a gun is if and only if they were to run afoul of some arbitrary legislation. There is nothing in the constitution that would define or even allude to illegal firearms ownership.

I do think that it's probably a good idea to keep guns out of the hands of those with a penchant for criminal behavior. There's a lot of people that unquestionably fall into the category. No matter how many those might number, it's up to the apparatus to demonstrate that someone is unworthy of firearms ownership. It should never, as in ever, fall upon anyone to have to demonstrate that they are worthy.

Sort of like the philosophy of 'must issue' states. In those enlightened states if you want to carry a concealed weapon it's up to the state to demonstrate that you don't qualify. If they cannot do this then they 'must issue' any required documents. The applicant does not have to demonstrate any need.

I'm a simple man. I think that the constitution is probably the finest document of its kind ever produced by the human race. That being the case, it does not require a whole hell of a lot of interpretation. Especially by those legions with their own agendas. If you actually bother to read it, you might also be amazed at how complete it is and at the same time removed from any specific time, place, or circumstance.

Sometimes I do feel, as did some of the founders, that an enumerated bill of rights might prove to be counterproductive. But, for the most part, I'm glad they exist. Especially the generally overlooked and often stepped on 9th and 10th amendments.

If you want to change The Way Things Are with firearms then work to amend the constitution. Otherwise put a sock in it.

tsgstl

Bob, I must admit you are one of the only ones worth debating this subject with. Although I do not agree with a lot of your theories you come up with reasonable arguments that require thought and logic.

Almost every law/discussion since the constitution has had restrictions and qualifications.

You cannot pick a area or race that you want to care for. We are all Americans, your prejudice based feelings towards problem areas cannot be figured into the solution. Your right there are many other issues with certain regions and I never said firearm control was the only answer.

I want no roadblocks to own a firearm. I think that the fact we have stricter guidelines for operating a motor vehicle is completely backwards.

I would debate you further but time does not allow it.

signage

I think that the fact we have stricter guidelines for operating a motor vehicle is completely backwards.

You are aware that anyone can buy a motor vehicle that has the money?

And I see on the news daily of underage drivers wrecking into things!

So what good do these guideline you speak of do to keep underaged people from doing this?

John Butto

It says that Cain slew his brother. It did not mention the weapon, if it was a rock or a spear or a gun. This has been going on with us for quite sometime. Stanley Kubrick did a good job explaining it in 1968.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I wonder how many gun control advocates have ever been the victim of a violent crime? Many years back, I stood facing two muggers ... one with a gun. They took my money and, fortunately for me, left me with only a bloody nose. While it was going on, I saw a look in the eyes of the one with the gun. They were cold and lacking in emotion. The message to me was clear enough. "You can live or you can die. Makes no difference to me. We're still going to have your money."

To this day, I sometimes see that man's eyes when I close mine. I saw them coming from about fifty feet away and would not have failed to defend myself had I been armed. it took the police twenty minutes to arrive after my call and two weeks to show me any mug shots. I would certainly oppose any effort by government to abolish anyone's right to protect themselves.

cajun312

I wish we had a nationwide law, commit a crime with a gun and go to jail for life. Too many times it's the same person doing the same thing over and over again.
I pulled this from a New Orleans newspaper web site. New Orleans had almost 200 murders in 2012.

Police were able to identify Fields, a convicted felon, through witness cooperation. Investigators intend to book him with armed robbery, aggravated battery and aggravated assault when he is captured, the department said.

Fields has a lengthy rap sheet; arrests include multiple armed robberies, criminal trespassing, flight from an officer, being a felon in possession of a firearm, possessing a firearm with an obliterated serial number, simple robbery, misrepresenting his name, unauthorized use of a movable and simple burglary.

Fields is on probation until October 2014 for a simple burglary conviction, police said. He was released from parole in 2011 for a simple robbery conviction.

Why was this guy on the street? Would new restrictive gun laws have stopped him? NO

ThinkRight

I wonder how many gun control advocates have ever been the victim of a violent crime? Many years back, I stood facing two muggers ... one with a gun. They took my money and, fortunately for me, left me with only a bloody nose. While it was going on, I saw a look in the eyes of the one with the gun. They were cold and lacking in emotion. The message to me was clear enough. "You can live or you can die. Makes no difference to me. We're still going to have your money."

To this day, I sometimes see that man's eyes when I close mine. I saw them coming from about fifty feet away and would not have failed to defend myself had I been armed. it took the police twenty minutes to arrive after my call and two weeks to show me any mug shots. I would certainly oppose any effort by government to abolish anyone's right to protect themselves.
Criminals / Thugs and Liberals will not harass , steal , bully , molest and or mess with an armed citizen .
A proven fact !
States with conceal / carry have less than half the crime as the states with strict gun laws . ( Illinois,Wash. DC ,New York....)
And on a similar subject...
States with Right to Work Laws , have lower unemployment.

If I could just conceal a 12ga. I would fear nobody ! :ROFLMAO:

SignManiac

I have never owned a gun in my lifetime, but after carefully reading this thread, I plan to go buy several this weekend.

CES020

When I was about 21, I was driving down town with my best friend in the passenger seat. He got me interested in hand guns. Every time we went out, we had one within reach. We stopped at a stoplight, I caught something in the passenger mirror, grabbed my 45 instantly. By the time my buddy turned to his right, there he was. He was pointing a gun directly at my buddy's head. It took about 1 second for him to see the 45 pointing right into his gut as I had raised it behind the passenger seat, pointing out the little rear glass. He instantly fled as I took off as well. I have no idea what would have happened that night, but I've always been thankful that I had a way to protect us that night. It didn't bother me as much, since it wasn't me the gun was pointed at, but it did shake my buddy up for quite a while. After that, he never went anywhere without a concealed weapon.

Sadly, too many people think the Constitution is merely a suggestion and that you can pick and choose what you want to do with what's written. I'm always amazed at how some of these people think they are light years smarter than our founding fathers. Instead of great wisdom and thought, they think their "feelings" should override the founding documents.

You don't like guns. I get it. You don't like gun violence. I get it. However, you don't get to take away my beliefs because your beliefs are no more or less important than mine are. Only difference is that my beliefs are supported by the founding documents that you want to flush down the toilet.

This isn't the UK, it's not France, it's not China. If you think we should stop running our country off the Founding Father's documents that started this country to suit you, than you shouldn't be so short sighted.

tsgstl

Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess and carry firearms

firearm is a weapon that launches one projectile or more at high velocity through the confined burning of a propellant.

We have to be close to being able to encode somehow a DNA type traceable material embedded into the metal of bullets. You buy bullets with your code and you are responsible for every bullet. Buy as many guns as you want with no new restrictions. You get trained in bullet safety before you can buy. No second amendment issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.