• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Guys...Please help when you have time.

Colin

What you think of this design? Any sugestions?

In a word...........anaemic. It needs to have PUNCH.

"A well designed sign made with the poorest materials will vastly out-perform a poorly designed sign made with the best materials."

skyhigh

Thank you 'Deposit Please'. Will keep that in mind. I find that the 'How to win friends and influence People' book do wonders for people with a low self esteem.:rock-n-roll:

ok, you suck at design......at least you have a great sense of humor :thumb:
Thanks for the laugh.

OldPaint

hey gumba..........i have freinds near you))))))))) i was being honest not mean, iam more direct then that ...........like i goan fixa you good))))))))))))))hehehehehehehehe

washingtonsignguy

I totally agree with dave, signcraft magazine helps alot, even in the issues where there isnt a design article, you can find tons of design tips, The best way i found in creating signage and logos, is looking at others techniques and figuring out how they came to the finished result. Designing in B/W first is a must in order to get contrast right when you are first starting out. a couple other great books are Antonellis logo design books, found at amazon. I give you props to for your explaination and am all for someone going after their dream, despite their experience with it. As long as your having fun with it.

Mainframe

Fat Boy, I am curious to see what your design would look like if you filled the background with black, can you fill your original design with black & repost it? I just want to see it that way. What program are you using?

fmg

Hello Fatboy.
I been to Capetown SA and loved it.
Travelled the garden route and has a wonderful time.
People in SA were so friendly.One of the most amazing places on earth I have been to.
Just wanted to say that!!

Fatboy

Fat Boy, I am curious to see what your design would look like if you filled the background with black, can you fill your original design with black & repost it? I just want to see it that way. What program are you using?

Thank you for the trouble my Mainframe. I work in corel 14

Attachments

• Just Stickers Black and white.jpg
    Just Stickers Black and white.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 54

Mainframe

Ok, that is not what I was looking for, don't turn the text into white, just fill the box with black, do not change anything else, is it possible in Corel? Make sure the black is in the back.

Fatboy

Hello Fatboy.
I been to Capetown SA and loved it.
Travelled the garden route and has a wonderful time.
People in SA were so friendly.One of the most amazing places on earth I have been to.
Just wanted to say that!!

Hi there FMG

Glad you liked South Africa. My granddad had a holiday cottage in the Garden Route.Buffalo Bay near Knysna. I am about 1000km from there on the east coast of South Africa

Marco

"...another member here lean HEAVILY on effects when you try to design something."
yikes, I felt lighting.
:p
I will be back... been busy, miss you guys.

Marlene

you don't suck as much as you think you do. the black and white version is a great tool to get a look at what you have. notice that the font has a thinner stroke than the swoosh/underline. try reversing tht by making the letter bolder than the swoosh. an accent like the swoosh should be just that, an accent and not be the first thing that you look at. take a look at your black & white version and you'll see that the swoosh is the first thing your eyes go to. other than that, the balance isn't bad.

Marlene

when you design, try a black and white version as you can see things better and it's easier to pick up on what works and what doesn't. once you get a good, balanced design going, then start adding color.