• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hallo from Norway!

Haakon

Thanks for the warm welcome both from the US and from around the world :)

Since I wrote the first post, I have ordered the most important things to get me started on my own, a Roland GX-24 and a (way overspecced) PC (think Intel i7 950i processor (3.06ghz), 6gb ram, SSD flash harddrive for OS, amd a lot of other goodies). Flexistarter 8.6, Adobe CS5 (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign only, no master collection). with a Samsung 27" monitor.

I also ordered this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380199947072&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT, hopefully it will be up to the standard I'm used to from my previous workplaces, the CC Car Special collection.

As one of you mentioned, going to school to learn graphic design properly is doing things right. Not so much signmaking in school, but with hard tasks and strict teachers and a lot of work done by hand, not computer laid a strong foundation for thoroughness and precision. The first 6 months of school we did not even touch a computer, all was done by hand - scetching with pencil and Pantone (letraset Trio) markers, making stencils, cutting with X-acto knives (well, hospital scalpels actually) etc. Using this knowledge every way when working with graphics, both on cars and signs :)

I've already learned about many great sign making supplies from these pages, many not available over here in Norway, but luckily many suppliers will ship internationally if asked nicely :)

Haakon

Took delivery of the GX-24 today, now it's off to the workshop to make a custom stand/roll holder for it :thumb:

Attachments

• IMG_0114.jpg
    IMG_0114.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 79

Haakon

Just a little feedback on this since business has been going well since I started the thread.

I've had several request for printed media, mostly indoors stuff like banners, posters, rollup/pop up stands etc. Did a small fleet of company cars for a construction company, and was able to cash out one of these with the profits :)

attachment.php

It costs about 1,5x the us retail price over here, but then again higher prices over here also applies to quotes given for sign work, so it evens out pretty much.

Thanks again for a great forum, I learn something new and useful here just about every day!

Attachments

• IMG_0638.jpg
    IMG_0638.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 93