• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hallo from Norway!

Haakon

Hello all!

This is my second time writing this intro, because I managed to hit ctrl+w instead of shift+w to make a capital W, so the tab shut and no amount of ctrl+z could bring it back! :covereyes:

So this is the short version of the long post:

I'm from Norway, 33 years old and have been in the signmaking business for the last 7-8 years, Took a 2 year graphic design education, and bought my first vinyl plotter (a old used Roland CAMM-1 PNC1800) while at school, used it for personal needs and school projects. Moved around a bit after school, and have worked at 4 different sign/graphics companies different places in the country.

Setting up my own little business now, starting small with a Roland GX-24, all I really need for 90% of my jobs. I have access to a GX-500 for when I need to cut large designs.

Have spent a few days just reading threads on this forum, amazing width of knowledge in here, and it seems to be a very nice tone amongst all the users, hope to contribute with anything relevant I can :)

Programs I know my way around and have used in the different workplaces: Adobe CS (1-2-3-4), Coreldraw X3 (a bit), Flexi family programs and signlab.

Machines: Roland CAMM-1 PNC1800 and GX-500, Summa D120 (and one that was branded Gerber but was the same machine), Gerber Edge, Mutoh Rockhopper and Valuejet 1614. Also operated a cold laminator for the valuejet, and have done my part of heat pressing logos on clothing. I estimate that I have decorated about 4-600 cars (did a fleet of 120 alike company cars once, luckily we had hired in a few extra to remove the old graphics :) )

Well, that was a short summary of me, thanks for a great forum :)