• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hand Held Creasing Wheel

JardeRich

Happy Friday!

I'd like to know if anyone (but particularly anyone in the UK) has or knows of an off the shelf, hand held tool for creasing card and other substrates. I've used the back of a dinner knife, a box cutter with the blade retracted and even my finger nails in the past, but I'd like something a bit more user friendly and reliable.
I have a Trimalco Artemis and did wonder if it might be possible to adapt the fabric cutting wheel for the purpose - I don't suppose anyone has ever tried that?

Enjoy the weekend everybody.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
How about an embossing tool used for paper crafting? Or perhaps take a blade from a rotary cutter and have your local machine shop hone a radius on the circumference.

You can always attempt to modify a blade yourself. Place a bolt through the cutter blade, and tighten with a nut. Put it in your drill and use a diamond file to round over a nice smooth radius on the periphery. (You can find diamond files at your local home improvement store in the ceramic tile aisle).

If you chose to do it yourself, enlist the help of a competent assistant and wear leather gloves.

JB

518NWXw-meL._AC_SL1168_.jpg

Last edited:

garyroy

Try this website:

10sacer

Happy Friday!

I'd like to know if anyone (but particularly anyone in the UK) has or knows of an off the shelf, hand held tool for creasing card and other substrates. I've used the back of a dinner knife, a box cutter with the blade retracted and even my finger nails in the past, but I'd like something a bit more user friendly and reliable.
I have a Trimalco Artemis and did wonder if it might be possible to adapt the fabric cutting wheel for the purpose - I don't suppose anyone has ever tried that?

Enjoy the weekend everybody.
Pretty simple. Here in the states we have screen doors and window screens. When you have to replace the screen, you use this tool. Works great at creasing different media, too

Attachments

• 10891166.jpg
    10891166.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 76

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
I was just going to suggest a screen door wheel, but you beat me to it.

My wife makes fun of me, but if I have a few minutes to kill, I'll dally through the isles of a hardware store. There are often specially tools that can be re-purposed for our industry, but you'll have no idea what it could be until you actually see one.

JardeRich

Thanks everyone for your replies. I had thought about repurposing a pizza wheel, but the screen wheel is available in the uk for just a few quid. I’ll get one of those ordered and give it a try.

citysignshop

Thanks everyone for your replies. I had thought about repurposing a pizza wheel, but the screen wheel is available in the uk for just a few quid. I’ll get one of those ordered and give it a try.
I got my mom one of these for cards and crafts, pretty sure you can get a scoring insert to replace the blade...
1655132964477.png