• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hard Hat Decal Material

kroger

What type of printable material sticks to plastic hard helmets? The plastic is “Class e type 2” if that means anything. I was asked to do several helmet decals About 1.5” x 2.5” but my samples peel off too easy. I was also asked for reflective ones as well as plain ones. Also, what is a fair price to charge for each one? I find small stuff like that is difficult to price. Thanks!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Just did 10 for a customer 2 weeks ago. Just used some calendered air-egress vinyl with spray laminate on it. They were his logo and a tag line about the same size you mentioned. Did 'em for free. We just finished making 10 job signs, lettered a pickup and wrapped a trailer for the guy. Just threw it in after the fact, as it was an afterthought on his part. I would guess about $3.00 a piece.

dmfahie

What type of printable material sticks to plastic hard helmets? The plastic is “Class e type 2” if that means anything. I was asked to do several helmet decals About 1.5” x 2.5” but my samples peel off too easy. I was also asked for reflective ones as well as plain ones. Also, what is a fair price to charge for each one? I find small stuff like that is difficult to price. Thanks!
Hard hats are a low energy material, so you need a high tack vinyl. IJ39 3M is one example.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

equippaint

We use oracal 3165 and if we laminate its 215. They hold up fine without it. Unless its just for convenience I don't see why in the world you would use cast material or laminate. Pricing really depends on quantity, id say $2-2.50 if there's not a ton of them.

OhioSigns

I make mine with 3M 40C w/ 3M 8508 overlaminate. No issues with the hard hats and tools that my customers are putting them on.

Superior_Adam

We have used a variety of materials for this. We also do decals for baseball/softball helmets. We have started using Arlon 8000 since it is meant for low energy plastics. On some that will get a lot of abuse we use General Formulations Concept 109 Scratch Resistant Lam.