• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hardest Vehicle Wrap

S

signs-work

So ive taken on the hardest of the vehicle wraps. Im going one step further. I'm going to do our Crossfire in a Chrome Foil Wrap. Never done a chrome but i have done some of the hardest types of wraps. I love doing these and the challenge so lets see how this goes ill keep you updated on my progress.

S

signs-work

got my Chrome Ordered will be coming from china. Lets See how this stuff works.

Hicalibersigns

Just read an article in Wraps magazine where Justin Pate does a chrome wrap. Had some good tips. Can't seem to find it online, though.

S

signs-work

All i really went off of was the videos i saw dosn,t seem much different than a few techniques like Adding a soapy water to prevent scratching to the surface. Avry seemd way expensive so i didn't go with it. Ima try this china stuff and see how it works out. NO im not from California im from the south.

S

signs-work

My film will be in next week so ill get started a soon as it comes in if anyone has any experience doing this please advice any instructions.

My advice, don't buy the cheaper china vinyl. It is that much cheaper for a reason. The Avery chrome is more expensive because it is that much of a better product. Does the china chrome even have air egress? Is it cast? I think your going to be in for a "fun" time on this one.

S

signs-work

it is suposto be air release. This is just an experience if it works out for me ill market it. Right now there is no one in the area doing it. Its just a practice run for me. I figured I would just try this china stuff and see how it goes.

Cale Frederick

May want to check you local laws... Certain places restrict wraps like that because of the light reflecting off blinding other drivers. That only applies to vehicles operated on public roads of course. We had a customer get pulled over because he had a good size,18x24, chrome door graphic on his truck and someone complained about it reflecting the sunlight into their eyes. He didn't get a ticket but he let us know about it.

S

signs-work

Ive herd that but saw no federal state or local regulations anywhere. Ive been doing alot of research.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
So full polished stainless tankers, stainless trailers, etc are illegal there too? They are much bigger and every bit as reflective. I've never heard of any such laws, not saying there are not any but I'd think you could argue it down in a hurry as some of the big tankers are by far much larger and every bit as reflective and I doubt they are going to make them stop using them.

May want to check you local laws... Certain places restrict wraps like that because of the light reflecting off blinding other drivers. That only applies to vehicles operated on public roads of course. We had a customer get pulled over because he had a good size,18x24, chrome door graphic on his truck and someone complained about it reflecting the sunlight into their eyes. He didn't get a ticket but he let us know about it.

S

signs-work

cuz there isn,t i have called 10 different states and there is no laws on the books for it.

CheapVehicleWrap

it is suposto be air release. This is just an experience if it works out for me ill market it. Right now there is no one in the area doing it. Its just a practice run for me. I figured I would just try this china stuff and see how it goes.

Let me save you the suspense. It's going to be garbage. Next time just buy chinese food.