• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hardware Vendor - Overhead Sign

rdm01

We are creating a fairly simple, low cost overhead sign. I'm looking for some basic hardware to mount it to an overhang (see image). I checked Sign Bracket Store and poked around Outwater, but didn't find anything that would work well. Also looked at Grimco, but they didn't have much.

Any thoughts on who would be a good for some hardware? Our sign will likely be 3mm polymetal, but we may go as thick as 1/2", so options would be good.

Thank you, in advance.

upload_2021-1-6_15-18-3.png

rdm01

No easy, off-the-shelf suggestions? I'm killing myself trying find something.

I thought this would be easy.

rdm01

Thank you.

We use Gyford here in the US. Typically for interior stand-offs, but maybe some of their tension rod can be repurposed for this. It's not exactly what we were going for, but at least we can quote is and produce it.

Thanks again.

CanuckSigns

Thank you.

We use Gyford here in the US. Typically for interior stand-offs, but maybe some of their tension rod can be repurposed for this. It's not exactly what we were going for, but at least we can quote is and produce it.

Thanks again.
This vendor has a 10mm thick stainless steel rod system, so I think it would hold up fine outdoors as long as you can secure it to the ceiling well enough.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I can't tell from the picture, but is there some service panel along that ceiling somewhere ?? Best way would be to either put angle or flat stock down through the ceiling and attach it up to rafters or supports above the ceiling panels. Otherwise, it won't be very vandal-proof, let alone wind resistant.

rdm01

Gino,
That's a good point. I was hoping to attached it to the "ceiling" there, but likely it won't support it. I haven't been on-site to review yet. I'll have to make a trip down there.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
https://novadisplaysystems.com/shop/

These guys have a few options, we have used the ceiling cable hangers in the past
part number KC2-CG05

I've used something almost identical to those many times, but from another company. They were strictly for interior use. Even when inside, they moved if you walked by them too fast. Can't imagine them working outside in the elements or even a kid swinging a stick.

rdm01

That looks like a strip mall. Does the landlord even allow such a sign?

The estimate will come with a note, and the proof with a building owner signature requirement. I believe they own the building, but if not, we would have that conversation before installation.