• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Has anybody ever bought a print head from somewhere like ali baba?

damonCA21

I always wondered if the reason they don't have a head rank is because they are seconds? Heads sold to Roland, Mutoh etc.. all have head ranks...

Terry01

in. 2019 ii bought 4 dx4 heads that came from sign in china. still going strong.
1 was replaced, but that was because of a head strike. sign in china dx4 heads are sold to a manufacturer & do not have a head rank marked on them
All the DX4 head I have purchased from Sign in China, Now called Sign in Global, have always had rank no's and are packaged the same as from Epson factory. I can no longer get them directly from Epson and I'm talk way back to the DX2 heads that we ran with true solvent. Never had a problem in 25 plus years from them.

Last edited:

UpAndPrinting

Can you explain to us the full process of how you 'restore' these printheads along with photographic proof please :)
I'm happy you requested this because we're beginning to make our first YouTube video showing how to access and service a printhead in a Stylus Pro 3800/3880/ SureColor P800 today! We had to wait for some extra supplies to arrive. Although this video will not show how we fully restore the printheads we have for sale. It will begin to show the process. I know that our methods are faster and safer for removal and servicing than most. And also made some additions to the process to make it easier and safer. I will most likely be making more videos on how to safely remove and fully service different model printheads in the future.

Last edited:
I'm happy you requested this because we're beginning to make our first YouTube video showing how to access and service a printhead in a Stylus Pro 3800/3880/ SureColor P800 today! We had to wait for some extra supplies to arrive. Although this video will not show how we fully restore the printheads we have for sale. It will begin to show the process. I know that our methods are faster and safer for removal and servicing than most. And also made some additions to the process to make it easier and safer. I will most likely be making more videos on how to safely remove and fully service different model printheads in the future.
Could you share a link to your website please:)

spb

✨鞄➕
in. 2019 ii bought 4 dx4 heads that came from sign in china. still going strong.
1 was replaced, but that was because of a head strike. sign in china dx4 heads are sold to a manufacturer & do not have a head rank marked on them
both of the printheads (DX4 and DX7) that i bought from sign-in-china had head ranks with QR codes on them.

netsol

I always wondered if the reason they don't have a head rank is because they are seconds? Heads sold to Roland, Mutoh etc.. all have head ranks...
ALTHOUGH THEY ARE NOT, i am told sign-in-china is big enough to get Manufacturer price

i suppose the headrank would make it traceable and prove they are not MANUFACTURING and are breaking the agreement (?) and selling the heads all over the world.

netsol

both of the printheads (DX4 and DX7) that i bought from sign-in-china had head ranks with QR codes on them.
I WASD TOLD that we could email support and they would furnish the head rank. these heads were for my own use, so i never bothered

damonCA21

ALTHOUGH THEY ARE NOT, i am told sign-in-china is big enough to get Manufacturer price

i suppose the headrank would make it traceable and prove they are not MANUFACTURING and are breaking the agreement (?) and selling the heads all over the world.
Hmm, I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure Epson look into any company wanting to buy heads on a trade basis from them to see if they are actually making printers as if they were just reselling it would step on the toes of their official resellers.
I know a lot of electronics sold on sign in china are seconds and factory rejects. Sometimes they will work fine, but you never know

netsol

Hmm, I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure Epson look into any company wanting to buy heads on a trade basis from them to see if they are actually making printers as if they were just reselling it would step on the toes of their official resellers.
I know a lot of electronics sold on sign in china are seconds and factory rejects. Sometimes they will work fine, but you never know
i am pretty sure sign-in-china owns AT LEAST ONE disreputable printer manufacturer. they (sign-in-china) have a LARGE total sales revenue. it is probably pretty hard to turn them away, just because they play fast & loose with the facts. even for epson

netsol

30 years ago, one of our computer resellers ws owned by 3 VP's who left INTELto start their own company.
AT THE TIME a manufcturer paid one price (less than a dollar for video & audio chips IF THEY ERE BEING SOLDERED TO A MOTHERBOARD & 3 times a s much if you were manufacturing add on cards.

they did MILLIONS by misrepresenting what they did to intel. (until years later they were caught & served with a "cease & desist"

you can only imagine what sign-in-china is doing

I AM JEALOUS (good for them!)