• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Has anyone seen this before?

Oldoldoldman

I am resurrecting an old sc-540 and I know it needs alignment but before I do that can anyone tell me why I'm getting over spray way out to the sides and there are two straight lines going right down through the words of the report, actually more than that but just the two showing in this picture. Since this report is generated by the machine no profiles or other things should come into play so do you have any ideas? Head or head board?----- help please! tom IMG_20131024_171653.jpg

4R Graphics

Overspray and the lines could be from a bad head or one with deflected nozzles. Also the lines and overspary could be from the encoder strip (clear plastic piece the head runs along).

I would do a nozzle check and see what it looks like if you have missing nozzles or nozzles that are spraying on top or close to one another that would be a sign of deflected nozzles which will give you the overspray problem for sure. you may be able to fix them with head soaks and cleanings but if not then youll need a new head.

I am a Mimaki guy but also an electronics guy and honestly all of these printers are very similar.

Good Luck