• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Has to be an easier way??

evader

How do I get my text to arch, specifically the "On Duty" part like that? Whenever I try "fit text to path" it just put it at the top of the circle...if that makes sense?

Attachments

• LG.jpg
    LG.jpg
    315.8 KB · Views: 224

unclebun

When you fit text to path, you can grab it and move it anywhere on the path you want, top or bottom of the path, plus there are invert and reverse buttons to move it to the other side of path and make it backwards and forwards. You can also pull it away from the path. The various distances are set by numbers in boxes on the toolbar as well.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
In Gerber Omega, it's only a check box in the text editor and you specify the parameters (included angle, radius, etc..). There's no messing around with making circles and going through a litany of commands.

In addition to the parameters stated above, every text feature (font, size, outline/inline, etc...) remains editable / deletable at all times.

JB

Gino

Premium Subscriber
In Gerber Omega, it's only a check box in the text editor and you specify the parameters (included angle, radius, etc..). There's no messing around with making circles and going through a litany of commands.

In addition to the parameters stated above, every text feature (font, size, outline/inline, etc...) remains editable / deletable at all times.

JB

Yep, I remember those days, back in the 90s. Those were the good ole days of the computer world and not hand made stuff.................. Can you believe it, the computers are now part of the good ole days, sheesh, but I'm getting old.​

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Yep, I remember those days, back in the 90s. Those were the good ole days of the computer world and not hand made stuff.................. Can you believe it, the computers are now part of the good ole days, sheesh, but I'm getting old.​

I'm speaking of Omega....not Graphix Advantage. The "good old days" are still here.

JB

Big Rice Field

Electrical/Architectural Sign Designer
Ignoring the chatter about using other software to do this task:

A step further is to make a separate Corel drawing and have templates of each type of layout. Then all you have to do is change the copy and the font. You copy and past the element into your sign drawing.