• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Have you ever made a large Move for work.

Pat Whatley

If you're happy where you're going you'll be amazed at how quickly you can adapt to life there.

Think of it this way....you're not only moving away from family and friends you're also moving away from everybody that annoys the crap out of you, and everybody that brings up bad memories, and every part of town that's got that weird smell. and that restaurant everybody always wants to go to that you hate. You're going to a new place, you get to start over from scratch.

Unless, of course, you go visit and Mike smells like pickles and gives you a wedgie. In that case you should probably stay home.

WrapperX

PW - you're right - there are ALOT of things and people that it would be nice to get away from. People that are constantly trying to get all up in our business and see what we're doing and then trying to gossip about it. Just crap like that. But it's currently tollerable b/c family is here. To be able to get away from all that would be nice. And I really hope Mike doesn't smell like Pickles OR give me a wedgie. :ROFLMAO:

WrapperX

Well I must say - You all have been a very huge help! I'm feeling better about this then I did this morning. My mind has been a blur and my emotions have been all over the place. Thank you all for your insights and tales of experience. This site truely is one of a kind with some very great people!!

:thankyou:

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Moved twice for my Wife's work. First time was to a no nothing town and that sucked for a few years ... now we are thriving since there are more opportunities for business for myself. It's a toss up really. Just need to make sure that it will either be a stepping stone or a positive improvement for the long haul.

Techman

I moved 1500 miles to a new place. Knew not a soul. Toughed it out and now have a near normal life again. House paid off. virtually out of debt and earning a living again. ITs all up to you. Be a pioneer and have a blast with it.

HulkSmash

Haha,
but in all seriousness. Moving away from family/friends can be hard, but at the same time it'll be exciting. I moved from BERMUDA (where i was born - to Colorado) That's a whole different country. Best move i ever made. Now i have family who have moved here.. etc etc blah blah.

Sometimes a change can be refreshing, especially when its involving a new job - and especially if you aren't as excited as your current one.

good luck

WrapperX

WOW - Bermuda to Colorado! Now that is a different world. The tropics of Bermuda to the Mountainous air and cold of Colorado. Now that's HUGE.

HulkSmash

Yeah, it's possibly the best place on earth here. I love Bermuda, but it's too small. I worked in a sign shop that was only about 5k sqft, and they brought in over $35,000 in sales a day. They owned the market...on the island. got a great long term offer from them, but i decided to go my own way, and do my own thing. So far SO good.

mountaingraphic

Although not on such a grander scale I too am facing this same situation. However, the trip is only 3 hours away. It still feels like forever when you take into consideration the friends and family.

I have moved in the past for my job and honestly reflect on it from time to time as the happiest I had been. Wish I had my graphics business then as I could have done well in that area looking back.

I live in a rural area and have a small child with another on the way(very soon) so I am torn between the small hometown atmosphere and the potential to increase the lives of my children through better education and experiences.

However you choose remember friends are friends regardless where you are and family will love you no matter what you do! As mentioned if you believe it fits your script in life then dont look back, youll make new friends, meet new contacts and with technology you can see family anytime.

et1199

I never have, but I think if it meant an opportunity for a better life I would at least try it. If it doesnt work out, could you move back without screwing things up too much? I do know the only regrets I have ever had in my life are what-ifs. I have never regretting trying anything, only not trying.

Biker Scout

I won't go on and on about my story... but I basically sold my business and moved to Las Vegas on a whim. Had to leave family behind. It has been an adventure and I'm a much better man because of it. Sure there was a real rough patch where things sucked... but I pulled my head out of my arse and looked forward and took charge of my own destiny. It just depends on your pioneering spirit.

I've said this many times to people... this is America. The land of start over fresh in Anytown, USA. Whether it comes to love life or career. Just pick a spot and go for it. If you want something bad enough you will attract it in your life. Whether that's success or heartache. You choose.

et1199

I won't go on and on about my story... but I basically sold my business and moved to Las Vegas on a whim. Had to leave family behind. It just depends on your pioneering spirit.

I've said this many times to people... this is America. The land of start over fresh in Anytown, USA. Whether it comes to love life or career. Just pick a spot and go for it. If you want something bad enough you will attract it in your life. Whether that's success or heartache. You choose.
Ive always said much the same, but you sure said it in a much prettier way. Is it ok if I steal what you said and claim it as my own?:toasting:

Biker Scout

Unfortunately, because I'm a published author already... I think I may look like the plagiarizer at some point. But what the heck... go for it! I don't mind spreading positive messages.

et1199

Unfortunately, because I'm a published author already... I think I may look like the plagiarizer at some point. But what the heck... go for it! I don't mind spreading positive messages.
If you do end looking like the plagiarist, I give you my word I wont sue:Big Laugh

Biker Scout

Haha! Not a problem... I can use this forum as a poor man's copyright if need be. I said it here first. that's why I obliged. :peace!:

(However, BikerScout isn't my pen name... hmmm...)

WrapperX

Again - you all have been a wonderful help to my situtation. My thoughts on this are starting to get very clear and the answer is almost obvious. Thanks for all your support and your advice!!